Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the best of of my HSCSD connection and my laptop?

Options
  • 19-05-2004 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭

Ok lads got a HSCSD enabled mobile and the latest nokia software and a 7210 nokia phone.

What i want to know is how do i get the best out of this setup.

Ok here is what i have:
    1. Nokia 7210
    2. Laptop with infrared with windows XP.
    3. The Nokia software and i have the nokia 7210 modem driver installed.
    4. I have HSCSD enabled on my vodafone a/c.

The facts.
    1. The Nokia software says i can get 14.4k up and 43.2 down.But when i connect via eircom i only can only connect at 14.4k.Eircom refuses to conect at anything higher.
    2.When i try to dial the 087 HSCSD number i get an error saying my username/password was not accepted on the domain.

What i want to know is how to get the best out of it. I bought the 7210 specially for connecting to the net via HSCSD.

Please help:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

for the 087 number are you using:
    number: +353876202222
    username: vodafone
    password: vodafone

for your eircom dial-up are you setting the a modem that would be supported? Analog V.34 / ISDN V.110/ ISDN V.120

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Originally posted by DubWireless
    for the 087 number are you using:
    number: +353876202222
    username: vodafone
    password: vodafone

for your eircom dial-up are you setting the a modem that would be supported? Analog V.34 / ISDN V.110/ ISDN V.120

got it sorted. got 38.4k this morning. I am using the above number and and password and the v.110 setting on the Nokia modem s/w.

Any got to get back to work.

Thanks a million

Advertisement