Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PSTN Install

• 19-05-2004 4:41pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How long should it take before Eircoms records update after you get a brand spanking new PSTN line installed into a premises?
    I've heard it can take up-to a month, is this true?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I got it installed on a Thursday, by next Thursday the line passed.

However, you should call 1901, and let them know you want broadband, they'll fill up a form for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by Cabaal
    How long should it take before Eircoms records update after you get a brand spanking new PSTN line installed into a premises?
    I've heard it can take up-to a month, is this true?
    The lines are supposed to be tested once a month. If your line is installed the day before the test, then you might only have to wait a day. If your line is installed the day after they do the test, you may have to wait a full month.

(and then there's the few days between when your line is installed, and it actually gets added to the list of lines to be tested).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by rocky
    I got it installed on a Thursday, by next Thursday the line passed.

However, you should call 1901, and let them know you want broadband, they'll fill up a form for you.
    Which is all very well if you want to pay eircoms prices. If you call 1901, you'll effectively be blocked from getting DSL from anyone but eircom for at least a month, maybe more, as eircom will refuse to release the line to them ("that line is already assigned").

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I dunno, but now, 2 weeks later, I got my modem delivered from iol :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd rather not phone Eircom as I don't want them to suspect I'm going with Esat :p
    I think I'll just play the waiting game....it'll suck but not going to take the chance with Eircom
    Thanks ripwave for the info :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement