Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MOGWAI DJ SET - Thur June 10 - TBMC

• 19-05-2004 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hey,

Just confirmed for 10th June in Temple Bar Music Centre.

Main Room - MOGWAI DJ SET.
    Bar - Patches w/ Shuffle djs.

Doors 11pm.
    Tickets 10 euro from Ticketmaster and TBMC box office.

More info soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

It's actually going to kill me to miss this. :(
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

ditto, which is why i'm gonna make every effort to get there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭IanluvsKathleen

splendid news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

If they know anything about D.J.ing , they'll know the importance of the slow set, so I'd like to take this opportunity to demand they play the dirty dancing classic 'Shes like the wind'.....

"slowset is dead, there's no more love on the dancefloor, unless you're out of your head, thats all that we went for"

Originally posted by IanluvsKathleen
    splendid news

feck off! :(
    xm

i'm not sure if i'm ahead of myself when i ask: how did your gig go maeve? i can't remember whether it's been and gone or has yet to come, and i can't find your post about it... just whack me one if i'm wrong

Yea, it was last weekend. I was happy with it. The turn out wasn't great but I loved getting to play again. :)
    Thanks for asking!
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by memaeve
    Yea, it was last weekend. I was happy with it. The turn out wasn't great but I loved getting to play again. :)
    Thanks for asking!
    xm

Mail me next time you're playing and I'll come down. What did you think of FKOS/Berkeley? The sound wasn't great for Berkeley but some of the new songs are amazing, especially that one "thats just the way the world keeps..." - sheer brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

I enjoyed it but the crowd was pretty shite for Berkeley which was a pity.
    I'm told Tommy beat the bedaylights into another drum kit in Cork last night!
    Yup, I loved the new songs but New Heavy was the highlight for me as per usual. And Nervous Eye...man I just can't get enough of it...

feck off! :(
    xm

Huh???

i think she may be a little upset that we're all goin and she can't... poor maeve..:p

Originally posted by Shanannigan
    i think she may be a little upset that we're all goin and she can't... poor maeve..:p

Indeed, thanks for noticing. :)
    Some people are so considerate....'IanLuvsKathleen' :p

xm

well maeve if it's any consolation, the likelyhood of me gettin there from corcaigh isn't very high

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    Mail me next time you're playing and I'll come down. What did you think of FKOS/Berkeley? The sound wasn't great for Berkeley but some of the new songs are amazing, especially that one "thats just the way the world keeps..." - sheer brilliance.

Will do, thanks. :D

Had a ball on Thursday, thought both bands were excellent. Although as Luce said, it was a pity we were up there on our own looking like gob****es. :confused:;)
    Was very impressed with the sound, which was cool 'cos I usually hate the sound in The Village.
    Have you noticed though that if you walk around the bar or go upstairs during a gig, it's like going into a different venue the sound changes so much. So what we heard being BLASTED out of the speakers RIGHT beside us, was probably very different to what people at the bar were hearing. Mad stuff.

Shanannigan, I feel your pain. :):(
    What part of Cork are ya in?

Wow, this is a long post....

xxx me

me's in the city maeve...

i saw a great berkeley gig in cork... there's a pub called An Crúiscín Lán and they were playin away there.. at the back of the stage there's a "fireplace" and near the end of the last song tommy with his guitar climbed up onto it and up into the rafters and finished the song from up there.... was pretty amazing to behold

That guy seems to be making a habit out of climbing....:D

Ever go to Clonakilty? That's where my Dad's from. Myself and Luce went down last year to see Berkeley in DeBarra's. Sweet days. :D

xm

yeah DeBarras is deadly... also if you're down cork direction again The Blackbird of Ballycotton is a great place... one of the best gigs i've been to was seeing Mark Geary down there... capacity of about 60... it was deadly

That guy seems to be making a habit out of climbing....:D
    Hehe was anyone else at that Tower instore when he jumped up on the counter? That was pretty funny...he had to do something once he got up there but he had nowhere to go 'cause the space was too small so he started playing his guitar off the grate in the ceiling :D
    Very rock agus roll I tell ya.
    Clon was brilliant craic. DeBarra's is a class venue.
    I was talking to this guy from Cork City recently and he told me that if I ever find myself down there I should make it my business to go to The Bróg, preferably on a Wednesday night.

well the bróg is alright but it's gettin a little bit too popular and superpub-ish... it is a late bar though, which provides a good alternative to going clubbing... they put on gigs every second wednesday now and berkeley were one of the first bands to play one of those gigs... other good pubs to look out for are The Oval, The Lobby, Charlies..... sure if you are ever down you'd be quite likely to bump into me buskn outside the bróg... and i'll be more than happy to give ya a walking tour of the city... it's not very big so it won't hurt your feet too much

There's loads of great music to be seen down here too... Stanley Super800 www.stanleysuper800.com Fred(who filled the witnness rising tent on sunday mornin last year... despite the no doubt pounding hangovers)www.fredtheband.com Hum-it www.humittheband.com The Berries, Exit The Street...... these are but a few..... i feel i'm in the middle of something big thats happening in cork....

Wow, thanks! We're planning on taking loads of roadtrips around the country to gigs this summer so that's a great help!
    Originally posted by Shanannigan
    sure if you are ever down you'd be quite likely to bump into me buskn outside the bróg... and i'll be more than happy to give ya a walking tour of the city... it's not very big so it won't hurt your feet too much
    Excellent...we may hold you to that :)

Cool cool, thanks. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Just wanted to make it obvious that this is tonight... some people were asking me and thought it was next week.

Come on the boys.......

i'm not ian

No, he's Kathleen. :)
    xm

i feicin missed it... in cork i'd be known as a langer.... but hey i was playin a gig so i have an excuse... if anyone who was there would like to rub salt in the wound by tellin us all what a fantastic night it was please do.... oh and thursday night that gig i was at was deadly, we were usin the PA from the pub next door and the band that were playin there came in halfway through the night and took it, so we decided we'd just play away without, session style, and there was an american couple who were so impressed they bought 2 rounds for all the musicians... and then when we were being kicked outta the pub they got a round of shots for us all.... *takes a breath* and then... we all decided to go buskin... 5 guitars had we, and we went buskin outside Thh Bróg, remamber the place i told ya bout before... i dunno how much we made, we weren't countin we were too busy havin a laugh.. although i did find €10 in my guitar the following morning... adiós for now

Nice work. ;)
    xm