Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flights to Cyprus

• 19-05-2004 5:16pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im thinkin of going to Cyprus for a week in July for a family wedding and the the
    thoughts of spending a fortune on some holiday package and ending up in a
    kip is not exactly appealing so Im doing what some here suggested and book
    flights and accommodation seperately..

What I have noticed is that there seem to be 3 main airports in Cyprus with most
    of the charter ones flying to either Larnaca or Paphos but most of the major airlines
    fly to Nicosia, the capital..

So anyone any idea how far it is from Nicosia to Ayia Napa/Protaras as Ill be hiring
    a car and wouldnt mind driving it.. but if the flight gets in late at night Ill have to
    look at overnight accommodation there..

Thanks,

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Cyprus is a really small island so anywhere is within a couple of hours driving. Doesn't exactly answer your question I know! But any where on the island is pretty reachable within at most a few hours.

Nicosia to Ayia napa will take you i'd guess about 2.5 hours approx. I drove it before and i think it took that long(if even), the roads are pretty good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

excellent.. that answered my question perfectly..

I know the drive on the left, which is a big help but didnt want to be driving on bad
    roads and in the dark with fairly crazy drivers at night...

All i need now is to find a flight, anyone any ideas whos good and cheap to fly
    with but comfortable.. :)

Tox

They do drive on the left, it makes a difference, but be warned about the moped drivers around ayia napa. It's full of brits trying to operate the things, they can be fairly lethal!

If you have time on your hands I would definatley recomend a tour of nicosia, it's a really nice city and looking over the divide to the abandoned Turkish part is pretty cool/weird.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

yeah ive been told to visit there and have a look at the city.. only divided city in the
    world since Berlin wall was pulled down I believe.. definitely worth a visit..

Cheers for the info mate.. :)

Tox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by ToxicPaddy
    but most of the major airlines fly to Nicosia, the capital..
    Correct me if I'm wrong anyone but hasn't Nicosia airport been closed in the middle of the buffer zone since 1974?

AFAIK the three operational civilian airports in Cyprus are Larnaca, Paphos (both in the south) and Ercan in the north. Arrive at the Turkish Cypriot airport and you can't travel to the south without being deported so you won't be doing that unless.

In any case if you're going to Protaras, Larnaca is closer.

(and incidentally if you've a UK driving licence don't go speeding through the British army base on the main road you'll have to take from anywhere on the way to Protaras/Paphos. Penalty points are applicable)

Yes I think you are correct about the airport.

seriously??

Well 2 airlines I checked have that they fly to nicosia on their sites..

feck!! good job I didnt book that one so.. :D

Doesnt matter anyway, found a great deal from Dublin to Larnaca for €375 return including all taxes.. so gonna go with that one!!

Now has anyone heard of the Florida Beach Hotel????

Tox

Advertisement