Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant connect w/ dlink router can u help?

• 19-05-2004 7:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I got a new Dlink DI 514 broadband router today.Also orderd a pc wireless card.
    The game plan was to have the desktop wired and the laptop wireless.

Things seemed to go along well w/ the router ,the wizard came up as was supposed to and I followed the instructions.However after it was installed it would not connect to the net.I tried all sorts of things,and not being an IT tech might have done worse damage.
    I then disconnected all cables and the modem(zyxel 600)using a rj45 port and reset all up using the laptop!It connected straight away no prob at all!
    I then took back upstairs to the desktop....would still not connect.
    I called Dlink and they tried and nothing would work! It seems the pc is not reconising the router maybe?The ip wont chage either its the same as always.
    so any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.
    this has been a huge disapointment I was hoping to be up and running and surfing in the backgarden:confused:

Many many tks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

have you tried setting the modem(zyxel 600) to "gateway mode" this would involve connecting it to your pc just using modem and going to its setup and setting it to gatway mode. its in the settings somewhere.
    then when you connect the router to it, it should work grand.

if you live in south dub PM me and i might be able to help ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Hi Superman,tks for the reply.

actualy I finally got the routers status light to work by plugging and upluggging the router loads of times.I called dlink and they agree that there seems to be a problem w/ the router.There should not be such hassle getting the status light to stay on.

I have it working now after spending over an hr on the phone w/ the tech from dlink.
    He was not able to get it working either.But I tried it downstairs and for the first time it worked,so took back upstairs and spent 1/2 plugging it in and taking it out till the status light stayed on!So till I get the replacement from dlink I aint' touching it!

Fingers crossed there is no power cuts!!

So tks again for ur help,I sure hope there wont be a prob w/ the new one!
    Have grt wkend:D

cheers

Advertisement