Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What TV Service do u use?

Options
  • 19-05-2004 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

Ok im moving into my own place shortly and was wondering about the different TV services...

i was told all the cables etc were in place and all i have to do is contact the relevant company to get connected.... ie NTL, CORUS, Sky....

so which one does the best deal etc? havent used any of them before so im a newbie to the area... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

The cable companies operate as mini monopolies in their areas - so which one is available to you? Depends where you live.

Sky can be available as a premium cable service or on satellite - which requires a dish. As you renting (based on your other thread) I'd imagine putting up a dish is not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by skywalker_208
    i was told all the cables etc were in place and all i have to do is contact the relevant company to get connected.... ie NTL, CORUS, Sky....
    While the cables are in place, you might still need to pay the connection charge.
    Originally posted by Borzoi
    The cable companies operate as mini monopolies in their areas
    The monopolies were abolished, it's just no ocmpetition has taken place.
    Originally posted by Borzoi
    Sky can be available as a premium cable service or on satellite - which requires a dish. As you renting (based on your other thread) I'd imagine putting up a dish is not an option.
    I think it's largely a matter of asking your landlord. Once it's not at the front of the property their shouldn't be many problems.

Try posting here also: boards.ie/vbulletin > Community > ICDG > Cable / MMDS / Broadband
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=54

Advertisement