Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crete (Summer 2004)

Options
  • 19-05-2004 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

What is everyone gonna do after the leaving cert? 40 ppl in our year are going to Crete for two weeks it's gonna be brilliant. It's whats keeping me going at the moment! Anyone else going to Crete or got any tips for Crete?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Not doing the leaving but I am going to Crete. First two weeks of August by any chance? Personnases?(I highly doubt thats spelt right)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

my best advise for crete is

1. Watch ur ass (im talkin to u mono)
    2. Stay away from the vodka $lattman
    3. Get locked every night
    4. Put shavin foam on people faces when there pissed (mono agian)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭$lattman

Yeah u sure spelt it wrong, it's hersonnissos n we're going from the 27th of August till 10th of Sept. The only problem is that we'll miss the viewing of leaving cert papers, ah well I guess i'll just hav to get the points first time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

Amsterdam sometime during the Summer!

Ah Amsterdam home of the gange and the red light district. Heaven for some

• Advertisement

Somewhere in Spain this year, my friend's dad owns a villa and a fuking hotel!

Saving Amsterdam for next year.

dave to you go to rockbrook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I was thinking that if I manage to get my full licence by July (I applied in February... still haven't gotten a date for it) then I'll take a roadtrip down to Spain, where my family are gonna be staying. Only problem is, the ferry is like €900 - so I was thinking maybe get a cheap Ryanair flight to Paris, then rent a car for a week and drive down to Andalucia, drop it off at the airport there and fly back home after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by subway_ie
    I was thinking that if I manage to get my full licence by July (I applied in February... still haven't gotten a date for it) then I'll take a roadtrip down to Spain, where my family are gonna be staying. Only problem is, the ferry is like €900 - so I was thinking maybe get a cheap Ryanair flight to Paris, then rent a car for a week and drive down to Andalucia, drop it off at the airport there and fly back home after a few days.
    Check it out fully. A lot of places won't give you a car unless you've had a full licence for two years. There also tends to be a minimum age restriction of about 21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

I did e-mail one place, they said that it was fine... although they also said it was fine to have a provisional licence (which sounded totally dodgy, since they're only valid in Ireland...). It's unlikely that I'll get the licence in time anyway, since the waiting time is 8 months. I'll probably just end up going on a family holiday as usual, which isn't all *that* bad. At least I won't have to pay for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

check out this site..
    its great..its a load of written reviews of most of the hotels and aparments around europes holiday hot-spots..
    http://www.holidaysuncovered.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Crete is good fun.

Renting mopeds is great fun but beware, someone always gets crippled.

And it's a pretty lawless place too, so make sure you avoid any dealings with the police as they will kick the crap out of you.

But other than that it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Crete is gonna be savage, pretty much everyone is going there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭munster rucker

tips for crete -
    Ouzo - good
    Raki - baaaaad
    Players bar - buy one get one free all day every day.
    DONT rent mopeds, someone will get killed.
    Avoid the dutch bars - kinda dodgy
    local beer = great stuff
    star beach - good spot
    blarney stone - best irish bar

Advertisement