Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was this really a call for a ban?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭minority

Originally posted by eth0_
    No, because if you look at my post I was replying to minority, not to you! Unless, of course, you're the same person!

dont even think about changing the subject with a petty attck like that eth0_
    I'm sure you can check whether or not 2 accounts are the same person. so please do so and please post the results before you try any of that rubbish.

you still havent answered my questions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Jpaulik

hahah I think so too...that's so sad.

Seppuku time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭jay567

Etho, yes u are so much better than me, with my small number of posts, i hope u feel the power u deserve. To be honest im bored just trying to make u see what u did was wrong. Acept it or not, makes no diff. One request, CHILL OUT!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by minority
    dont even think about changing the subject with a petty attck like that eth0_
    I'm sure you can check whether or not 2 accounts are the same person. so please do so and please post the results before you try any of that rubbish.

What petty attack? What are you talking about? I cannot check the IP address of anyone except people who post on the two boards I moderate, it's the same for any mod on here.

Originally posted by jay567
    Etho, yes u are so much better than me, with my small number of posts, i hope u feel the power u deserve. To be honest im bored just trying to make u see what u did was wrong. Acept it or not, makes no diff. One request, CHILL OUT!

I'm totally chilled, chief. I never said or implied I was better than you, but you have to admit it's a bit rich for a newbie to come on and start lecturing people on how they should behave on boards.

This whole power trip thing is getting old fast. You obviously are only posting to this thread for a fight, if you had read this you'd see my answer to being accused of being on a power trip.

Go enjoy your day off in the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

[i come to boards everyday
    [/B]

Well with a post count of 10 I d imagine that
    a)You just read a lot of threads "everyday"

b)You`re stirring the $hit.

are you a politician?
    how about an answer to the questions i asked you??

god i love an argument with someone who wont answer questions :)

are you a politician?
    how about an answer to the questions i asked you??

What questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Jasus, it's only a poxy week-long forum ban. As another person here said "it's not like she sent him to Oz for 7 days". He'll get over it, and maybe even stop posting like a 12 year old.

Besides if he's that upset at not being able to post, he can sign up using a different username (like anyone would ever do that though) :)

i wasnt telling anyone anything, just making point which is what we are allowed to do. I wasnt picking a fight either, sorry u see it that way. All that was being done was to try and get a Fair reason to ban the user, and hey ur the mod, ban away.

Day of in the garden? But doesnt matter.

Hellrazer - bit of both as i feel that it needs to be said.

Sorry i havent got enough superquinn points to be allowed an opinion, maybe next time :(

• Advertisement

are you a mod or not.
    read my posts and stop trying to accuse me and jay of being the same person.

The questions AGAIN.

1 - are you now going to unban the guy you banned for using dots given the fact that you got one complaint against him and god knows how many complaints about your behaviour.

2 - what happens the next person to post .... in your empire given same as above.

Now, to resolve this issue of me and jay, im sure the mod of this board can tell you if we are one and the same person.
    If not then i'll post on one of yours and you can check, and dont forget to post the results here and say sorry.

I admit im in an arguementative mood though and winding you up to a certain extent but seriously you should unban the guy. you have been unfair to him.
    I didnt mean for this rubbish to get into an arguement though. so sorry for that :)

Day of in the garden? But doesnt matter.

i think people think because you wrote love in reply to a post people think we are the same person.

i ask the mod here to check and post what he/she thinks to clear it up

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

By the way, can there be a rule on Personal Issues that anyone who posts a thread with "girl" in the subject line gets an automatic ban? Similarly with "nice guys", "ex", "chances", "cheating" etc. etc. :)

1 - are you now going to unban the guy you banned for using dots given the fact that you got one complaint against him and god knows how many complaints about your behaviour.

2 - what happens the next person to post .... in your empire given same as above.

1 - No
    2 - Is that a threat?

But really, although it would be hypocritical for me to treat the next person to do it differently, I imagine i'd ask Hellrazer his opinion, considering the amount of toys being thrown out of prams here today.

Originally posted by Stark
    By the way, can there be a rule on Personal Issues that anyone who posts a thread with "girl" in the subject line gets an automatic ban? Similarly with "nice guys", "ex", "chances", "cheating" etc. etc. :)

You forgot "penis" :-)

2 - Is that a threat?

How in the name of god allah whoever could you perceive that to be a threat?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by TUTS
    This is going to go on and on, the ban is not going to be lifted regardless of what we
    say.

None of our feedback in relation to this issue is being taken on board. Which is a
    shame really.
    <snip>
    Conor T

Excuse me mate, I'm working my way through 7 pages of this sh*t right now. I woke up to find this had exploded during my sleep. I am still human, I do require sustanence and rest you know.

This isnt a court, its not a tribunal. People make their feelings clear here and others take them on board. Whether the ban is lifted or not this particular time is not the point, an expression of concern about the reason has been raised strongly, if anyone thinks that that has no affect on the mods (many of whom are voicing that concern) then they are fools.

Now excuse me, ironically I'll be a while longer before I can give my view as I have to read all the rest of the feedback.

DeV.

How in the name of god allah whoever could you perceive that to be a threat?

Can you not take a joke? You asked what i'd do to the next person, I asked was that a threat from you to post on the tattoos/piercings board with lots of ......'s

Can you not take a joke? You asked what i'd do to the next person, I asked was that a threat from you to post on the tattoos/piercings board with lots of ......'s

oh right , sorry.
    i was in the process of cooling down, but wasnt quiet cooled down yet :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Simple solution:
    • ban lifted tomorrow,
    • this thread closed now.
    S.

• Advertisement

As i dont want to cause hassle to EthO im walking away from the talk, however my opinion still stands that u were wrong and as ur customers we should be listened to, and not talked down to.

And i agree with minority, i too will post in ur location to prove that we are 2 diff people. Dont NOT jump to conclusions, looks bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Gloryhunter

No worries Jay .

bickering was the right forum though :)
    I had a great little bicker there :)

And i agree with minority, i too will post in ur location to prove that we are 2 diff people. Dont NOT jump to conclusions, looks bad.

Don't bother.

Originally posted by Sinecure
    Simple solution:
    • ban lifted tomorrow,

If DeVore advises me to unban him, I will. But until that happens, the ban stays as Hellrazer is in agreement with me.

[*]this thread closed now.

S.

I agree with you there. I was taking on board the comments made on the first few pages of this thread but it's just descended into a free for all with people jumping in trying to pick a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

however my opinion still stands that u were wrong and as ur customers we should be listened to, and not talked down to.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

"customers" ???

I said i would stop so u (EthO)) do not feel like we are ganging up on you, however i was NOT trying to pick a fight with anyone, do not misplace opinion for argument, so as to make out u are being picked on.

I said i would stop so u (EthO)) do not feel like we are ganging up on you, however i was NOT trying to pick a fight with anyone, do not misplace opinion for argument, so as to make out u are being picked on.

You are incredibly paranoid!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

and as ur customers we should be listened to, and not talked down to.

rofl :D
    are you paying her a wage? cos afaik eth0_ does this job for free

Admin - I'm still waiting for me drugs and ho's
    I’m beginning to doubt your sincerity on this one

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

As i dont want to cause hassle to EthO im walking away from the talk, however my opinion still stands that u were wrong and as ur customers we should be listened to, and not talked down to.

How the fnck are you my customer?

Here, fnck off... how do you like that for customer service eh? I'll give you a full refund. *hackles raised*

And Minority, feel free to post them but noone has to answer *any* of your questions.

This is a compound mistake imho. Etho_ could have handled this better, perhaps by PMing the guy directly and asking him to tone it down. It is annoying but its not ban worthy.

What IS ban worthy is simply ignoring a direct warning from a mod and continuing on regardless in the same thread, doing the same thing.

What surprises me is that in 7 pages of rant, noone said "why couldnt Teddi have just cut down on the ridiculous over use of ................'s"
    I use "..." myself quite a bit for dramatic effect. However Teddi is taking the mick to be fair and could have accomodated everyone by just just 3 or 4 rather then 10-15.

Etho_ please unban Teddi after PMing him to explain that his writing style is annoying some people and could he please tone it back a little. If he fails to take any heed this time, ban him for a week.

Finally I've never had a single complaint about Etho_ as a mod so I think those of you who idiotically compared this to the electrocution and torture of humans owe her an apology. We all make mistakes, what makes it hard to acknoledge them is a dozen nothing-better-to-do-the-stir-****ters jumping into a thread and making a mountain out of a molehill. Well done... [/sarcasm]

This thread has about 2 hours life expectancy.

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement