Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Impact!

• 20-05-2004 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Is there any chance of this being shown on any mainstream channel over here?
    Surely they won't bypass the potentially luctrative British and Irish market?
    I know its probably on TWC but not exactly everyone has it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

I wouldn't hold your breath...I assume its TNA your talking about...maybe a channel like Bravo will get it, but I don't think they will, its on Fox and Fox owns Sky so it could be on Sky istelf but not likely...and if it is it could spell danger for WWE fans imagine they showed it on Sky and decided they no longer wanted WWE :( its a scary prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

no chance of them dropping wwe for tna, tna is good but wwe is still the supier brand

You never know...I think they are paying WWE a whole load of money to show them, so if they already had TNA and more than likely for alot less they may see it in their interests to let them go.

But even then I'd imagine they'd run WWE 24/7 if they did that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

If sky drops WWE someone will pick it up. Bravo, channel 5. Wrost comes to worst TCW. WWE cant aford to loose the english/irish market. They will have to some whear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Sky have no intention of dropping WWE, but i do hear, that when the current deals ends, all the PPVs will be exactly that here as well.

No more free to air events, all of them will have to be bought :( .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by gimmick
    No more free to air events, all of them will have to be bought :( .

at 1am for all of them they will have to lower the price of them

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i think the last of the free pay per views is this years Survivor Series. Armageddon and Royal Rumble are pay per views on Setanta sports channel and Backlash 2005 onwards who knows what will happen, Setanta will either purchase all the pay per views or Sky Box Office might buy out the 8 ppvs but i dont think they will as sky where not interested anymore in wwe ppv due to poor buyrates on skybox office when they had the 4 ppvs for last 2 years. I cant see the channels offering discounts to the ppvs just coz they start at 1am which is silly coz most people cant watch them live anyway due to work/school/college commitments and 12 ppv's at €23 a pop is way too much for most people. Theres always the hopefull possiblility for sky to try and strike a skysports deal again but i dont think the wwe will want such a cheap deal. Theres also unfortunately a slight chance that no-one may buy the 8 pay per views and we cud end up with only the 4 pay per views on Setanta, with the rest of us relying on the wwe ppv webcast as a form of watchiing the other shows:( . Its a case of wait and see what happens really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    at 1am for all of them they will have to lower the price of them

I wouldn't hold my breath, chances are thet'll keep charging as they do now, I think I'll just stop watching PPVs.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

most people will only order between 2 to 4 ppvs a year and they would be the main ones, royal rumble, wrestlemania, summerslam and survivor series, the most id pay for would be about 4 or 5 at a push If I was able to view them at 1am. If a ppv had what sounded like a crap/average card I would not fork out for it at all. It was great getting them for free on sky sports but having to pay for every show just doesnt work with the UK/IRL fans, regular ppv culture is strong and works well in america but not over here were ppv is still a relatively new idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I think you are all getting way too worried about this! I really dont care, Im gonna pay for every PPV a year, no matter how crap it may sound. Its wrestling, and in case you havent noticed, I really like it! :D

Any way think of it this way, a Setanta sports WWE PPV is 23euro right, so thats 23euro a month, whihc is 5.75cent a week, which is 82cent a day. If you put away that much everyday into a jar, you have the PPV paid for. Put a euro away a day, and you can pay for the PPV and have 5.40 to spend on junk food aswell.

I wouldnt loose sleep over the situatuion.

Hanza

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Put it like this, If you had to pay for Judgement day, would you have? Would you fúck! Worst PPV card in history, and after watching it, it didnt deliver in any way, shape or form.

If I were to buy, we'll say from the last 12 months, Id be happy having got SS, Rumble, Vengeance, NWO, Mania, and Backlash. JD, Badd Blood, Vengeance were ****e.

I'd agree with Hanza...The only P.P.V I remember missing over my 15 years watching was Over The Edge, I stupidly figured I wouldn't tape it I'd just catch the repeat...Owen Hart died there was no repeat...even then I went to New York that summer and saw my cousins tape of it....If anyone wants a good book to read get sex, lies and headlocks...its very good, You feel as though they are trying to portray Vince as an @sshole but you still respect him after reading it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭The Fitz

tna is alot like the old wcw days and id say maybe in the next 2 years it will have its own invasion

TNA will never match the WWF/WWE as long as Vince Russo is at the helm, Guys like AJ Styles, Low Ki, Christopher Daniels will only tolerate so many "X" AND "Shark Boys" before they get fed up. The whole show lacks quality but that will change thanks to the contract with Fox....Fox don't back to many losers but I'd actually say given half a chance Fox would take Smackdown or Raw instead and in the future probably will...TNA was run like an amateur show

Advertisement