Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 2 - Irish release date? And Limited Edition availability here?

Options
  • 20-05-2004 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the November 9th release date announced for Halo 2 also applies here?

Also, does anyone know if the special Limited Edition of Halo 2 will be available here for pre-order?

Thanks,

Ciarán.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

where did you hear the 9th of November? If it's from an English/European source then it'll apply here too. If it's an American source then it probably wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

9th November was announced at E3 by Microsoft/Bungie, though they didn't make it clear if this was a worldwide date. However, the xbox.com page for Halo 2 shows Nov 9th for the Irish version of the page, and several online stores (from the UK) show 9/11/2004 as the date - though they are probably going from the E3 announcement rather than anything else.

However, in answer to my own question, I did come across a PAL version of the Limited Edition available for pre-order at GameSeek.co.uk, and also at this Swiss site (alcom.ch). Both have 9/11/2004 as the release date.

So, it looks like the answer to both my questions is Yes! Mind you, I would like it confirmed from some official source :)

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Unless Microsoft is prepping Halo 2 to be a simultaneous worldwide release, the 9th November date in Europe is unlikely, because games are usually released here on a Friday rather than a Tuesday. I'd go with the 12th or 19th of November. Isn't official but likely.

In regards to the Limited Edition version, I'd say that would make it over here. Microsoft have been pretty good to Europe so far (apart from their unexplicable removal of decapitations from Ninja Gaiden).

In any case, there's no harm or rush waiting for an official announcement from Microsoft, it's only six months away.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I think they’re pretty set on November, with the 9th at least being for the US. But MS want as close as possible to a simultaneous world-wide launch, with apparently a marketing campaign on a scale never seen before for a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pharMinator

The limited edition tin is available here, but only at launch, i.e you need to pre-order a copy to be guarenteed one.

2:1 it will slip further into November or even December - keep an eye on the release date for Killzone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

Recent changes to the Halo 2 FAQ over at Bungie.net have indicated that November 9th is a simultaneous release date for the US and Europe. Also, it indicates that the Limited Edition will be available outside the US, so that's looking good. I just need to find the best place to pre-order it (which is the only way to get the Limited Edition).

Ciarán.

Originally posted by ceejay
    Recent changes to the Halo 2 FAQ over at Bungie.net have indicated that November 9th is a simultaneous release date for the US and Europe. Also, it indicates that the Limited Edition will be available outside the US, so that's looking good. I just need to find the best place to pre-order it (which is the only way to get the Limited Edition).

Excellent.

Must pre-order soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 pharMinator

I've booked mine in Xtravision.

How come it's releasing on a Tuesday? Isn't normally on a Friday?

Originally posted by pharMinator
    How come it's releasing on a Tuesday?

They obviously want to garner more publicity from a simultaneous worldwide release. And this is a big game for Microsoft...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

will it be release simontainlessly (spelling) on the pc or do we gotta wait for 2-3 years for it to be ported what was/is already a pc game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by f®eak s©enery
    They obviously want to garner more publicity from a simultaneous worldwide release. And this is a big game for Microsoft...

This is the big game for Microsoft. If they screw this up, XBox 2 and Microsoft's gaming divisions fortunes don't look too healthy at all.

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    will it be release simontainlessly (spelling) on the pc or do we gotta wait for 2-3 years for it to be ported what was/is already a pc game?

Microsoft want all the attention on their console, which is why their is no PC version planned. If it ever sees release on PC, it definetly won't be this year.
    Originally posted by NoelRock
    If they screw this up, XBox 2 and Microsoft's gaming divisions fortunes don't look too healthy at all.

Is that possible? I think it will sell like hot cakes on release. However, if they do miss this November 9th date, things won't be looking good. They really need to release this game on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

The first one was supposed to be a pc game but this one's been designed from the ground up on xbox.
    I really hope it lives up to the orginal. The multiplayer shots from E3 are amazing. I'd love to see a video of them; stupid 56krap.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

What is special about the limited edition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

It'll be in a special package with extra materials. Similar to most 'collectors editions'

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

From the press release...

Gamers should mark Halo 2's official launch date of November 9 on the calendar. To mark this occasion, Microsoft Game Studios will soon announce pre-order availability of a limited edition copy of Halo 2, packaged in a unique metal box. In addition to the game, the metal box will contain a second DVD loaded with special content. This exclusive two-disc set includes:

The Making of Halo 2: Behind the Scenes of Bungie Studios
    * "Featurettes" on game design, animation, music, and more
    * Cinematics and characters that were cut from the game
    * Art Gallery: From Concept to Game
    * Commentaries from the development team
    * And much more

Advertisement