Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTrip

Options
  • 20-05-2004 4:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Just heard about this iTrip thingymejig for the ipod and it sounds top class. The possibility of having my mp3 collection in my car sounds too good to be true.
    Has anyone actually used this add-on? Is the reception anygood?
    Was thinking of investing in the new Cowan iAudio M3 until I heard of this feature for the ipod.....dfunk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I havnt't used one myself, however it uses set frequencies and if you live in Dublin they might overlap on Radio Stations. I was gonna get one over in England but for £50 i decided not to...

Plus they're Illegal;) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I bought one for a mate abroad (they are illegal here, technically a small radio station) and he uses it in Dublin fine, it allows you to choose which frequency it broadcasts on so you shouldn't have any troubles with it overlapping with other stations.

They cost about $35 in the US but they won't ship them abroad, best to ask someone you know heading over there to pick you up one.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 deletebert

English mate had one over here in Dublin with him and we used it i my car - but found the quality to be very poor indeed. It is way below that achievable via a direct aux conn. in , and even below that of the 3.5mm-jack-to-Cassette-tape adapter. It looks pretty trendy though and could be used alright, just not all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Another point is that it is not just for in car use, my mate has used his at parties and the like rather than carrying around a bundle of CDs with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

i only got mine got mine last week and im pretty happy wit it, the reception isnt the best at times but most of the time its fine, just need to find the right frequency
    however it uses set frequencies
    Axel, you cant select any frequency from 87.9 to 108

They cost about $35 in the US but they won't ship them abroad
    i got mine from http://www.audio-outfitters.com got the itrip and a car charger, worked out at just over €50 including delivery, worth checking out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

this is the first ive hear of the iTrip, just checked out their website and still a bit confused :rolleyes:
    so does it basically turn ur iPod into a radio to receive stuff like fm104 and today fm etc?
    can you then save the music you receive onto the HDD?

thanks

Originally posted by HacksawEddie
    this is the first ive hear of the iTrip, just checked out their website and still a bit confused :rolleyes:
    so does it basically turn ur iPod into a radio to receive stuff like fm104 and today fm etc?
    can you then save the music you receive onto the HDD?

thanks

It broadcasts the music on your iPod over a set frequency, alowing you to listen to your iPod on any radio. It's effectively a radio staion of your iPod music, which is why it's Illegal

ahh..sweet!
    so how far could i be from the ipod to receive the music?
    would i just get a normal radio a tune it to the frequency chosen?

Well i dont know exactly as i dont have one but according to Griffin its 30 ft.

Yep you just set the frequecy on the iTrip ( it has 100 preset ones from 87 up to 107), then tune in your radio to that frequency...

Seams like a nice bit of kit

LOL, stupid me:
    because you said it's illegal because of techniclly being a radio station i was thinkin it would have much longer range, like in the miles figures! :o
    :dunno: think i just need more sleep!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭.-=MR. JOE=-.

Was thinking of investing in the new Cowan iAudio M3 until I heard of this feature for the ipod

Mini FM transmitters can be bought that will plug into any MP3 player. - If it's not too late - GET THE IAUDIO M3 (dont be a sheep)

Advertisement