Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oulook: Sent mails no longer saved to "Sent Items" folder

Options
  • 20-05-2004 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

On Tuesday I was using my laptop outside enjoying the sun. I didn't notice the battery dying off quicker than usual (in my naivety, I was playing a music CD in the CD player which I reckon crucified the battery), when the laptop unexpectedly shut off.

Two probems have arisen since
    - the system time reset to 00:00: 01/01/1980 (obviously easily remedied)
    - emails that I send out using MS Outlook are no longer saved in the "Sent Items" folder. I have checked through Outlook, and the option is still checked to save sent items in the folder, but nothing has been saved since the laptop shut itself off on Tuesday.

I didn't realise that I was so dependent on my "Sent Items" folder- but I'm lost without a record of what I've sent out.

Any ideas for getting this working again?

(versions: Windows 2000 Professional 5.0.2195 SP-4 Build 2195 / MS Outlook 2000 SP-3)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Personally, I'd back up everything to a pst file, uninstall and re-install Outlook and then restore the pst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Panic over- and the problem arose from me cocking up something simple.

When I amended the reset time on the PC on Tuesday, I set the date (for some bizarre reason) to 04/05/04 instead of 18/05/04.

All the emails that I sent have been saved- but under an earlier date. When I didn't see them at the top of the list, I thought they hadn't been saved.

A basic, avoidable error. If a user made such a basic error, I'd laugh at their incompetence.

I think I'll just toddle off and eat some humble pie after my stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Use IMAP.

Advertisement