Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Channel 4

124»

Comments

Too late
    You cannot tune the channel in now.
    Sky have"hidden" it from digiboxes.
    It's still available to anyone who stored it before sky "hid" it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

What I found strange, even on the previous BB's, is that the interactive live feed takes a break when E4 takes a break. I wonder why they do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭TVDX

Thank the heavens i stored this before it was hidden.
    Today for example, BB Live is not on E4 from 14:50 to 22:30.
    This hidden feed is in fact all you get on the UK interactive and allows me to continue watching it.

Originally posted by JBoyle4eva
    What I found strange, even on the previous BB's, is that the interactive live feed takes a break when E4 takes a break. I wonder why they do that?
    Well you see they want you to watch the adds ;) obviously

Also thats the main reason why they won't let Irish E4 viewers have access to the interactive viewing ( directly-of course some now have it with this feed indirectly :) )
    You see they would need to use a new transponder to carry the interactive feed and switch specifically to the Irish adds .
    Otherwise Irish viewers would lose the Irish adds and gain the UK adds when viewing interactive...
    Leasing another frequency would cost E$ money...
    And they don't want to do that...
    They'll take our money though :mad:

Originally posted by Earthman
    Well you see they want you to watch the adds ;) obviously

Also thats the main reason why they won't let Irish E4 viewers have access to the interactive viewing ( directly-of course some now have it with this feed indirectly :) )
    You see they would need to use a new transponder to carry the interactive feed and switch specifically to the Irish adds .
    Otherwise Irish viewers would lose the Irish adds and gain the UK adds when viewing interactive...
    I don't care! I'd watch the Uk ads and wouldn't give a toss if I couldn't watch Irish ads!
    Originally posted by Earthman
    Leasing another frequency would cost E4 money...
    And they don't want to do that...
    They'll take our money though :mad:

Now that's what they do and don't care about our feelings:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by JBoyle4eva
    I don't care! I'd watch the Uk ads and wouldn't give a toss if I couldn't watch Irish ads!

but then the irish advertisers would get pissed that you weren't watching their lovely adverts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Seems to be LivingTV now, right? Well it was when I tried it last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

In Tipptop land its still the Big Brother feed, and its was very entertaining last night:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭kilasser

I have an ROI sub and have this Ch4/BB5 feed in other channels. When I put my FTV card in the message comes up to call to subscribe saying its paramount 2. Why paramount 2?

It's just a setting in the encryption software that makes that particular message for that channel come up...
    AFAIK the channel name that will come up when your sub doesnt cover this feed will be the last one viewed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

I answerd this on page one but the thread is a little long so here it is again:
    The screens call to upgrade, are not releated to the particular channel you have stored on a location in Other Channels. They go in order of 1 to 50 so depending on what position you have (in this case) CH4 stored in your other channels, the relevant "call to upgrade"screen appears for that position, not nesscarily relating to the channel stored at that position.

As we all know, BB5 finishes tonight, so it should be interesting to see what happpens on this frequency @ 11:05 tonight, when BB finishes!

Just a Black screen.

Did catch it just before it went black. Showed the camera angle from roof onto garden. Then, for a split second, a test screen message.......then blacknesss........for all eternity....................................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

AFAIK they have removed all broadcasts from the transponder used after previous series ended,but they might keep it for interactive live cricket and other sports that they cover, this time round,seeing as other broadcasters now have multi options via red button for major sporting events-more so than in other times-only guessing here though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

JBoyle4eva wrote:
    Just a Black screen.

Did catch it just before it went black. Showed the camera angle from roof onto garden. Then, for a split second, a test screen message.......then blacknesss........for all eternity....................................
    I did the exact same thing....wierd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Widescreen

Noticed late last night that this channel now has a test card screen with CH4
    London on it? Maybe.... no it couldn't be could it.

It might be!

After all, before BB5 started, this frequency was listed as C4 midlands(As it was showing Channel4 in 4:3), so it might be possible!

Advertisement