Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is/was your favorite mobile phone ?

Options
  • 20-05-2004 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

Ok there are lots and lots of different types of mobile phone on the market, but which is your favorite ?

Is it the one your are using at the moment or is it one you've had in the past ?

My favorite phone I think is the Nokia 3310 - its just a very basic phone, but thats all I need it for - ie making/receiving calls & sending/receiving texts ...

At the moment I'm using the Nokia 6600 and to be honest it has great functions...

Phone Features

Integrated digital camera with zoom
    Video recorder with audio support
    Streaming video and audio
    Wireless connectivity with Bluetooth and infrared
    6 MB internal memory
    Memory card slot for additional user memory and applications.
    Supports Java™ MIDP 2.0 applications
    Data synchronization with PC via PC Suite
    Tri-band operation in GSM E900/1800/1900 networks

But after a week of two the novelty wears off and I'd never really use all those functions to be honest ......

So the Nokia 3310 is the winner for me !

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,,119,00.html

How about you ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I usually prefer my new phone to my previous phone. My current phone (Moto MPx200) is better than my SE T610, which in turn was better than my 6610, which was better than the 6510, which was better than my 6210, which was better than my Siemens S60 (*), which was better than my first phone, the Siemens C45 (*).

(*) - not 100% sure if they were the models - it was 4 or 5 years ago...

Having said that, though, there are some things I miss from my last phone (T610), mainly the great implementation of SMS message composing.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I like my Nokia 6510. Have it for at least 18 months now. Previous phone was a 3310. Before that it was Motorola phones I had.

I remember my old phone. It was an 088 Motorola. Bloody thing was like a brick compared to now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 king-of-phones

i have had about 12 phones in fact i have had;
    the nokia
    7250 original
    7250 camera phone
    7250i
    n gage
    sharp
    gx 10
    gx30

and at the moment the sharp gx 30 and nokia 6600 are the best but if i had to choose i would pick the sharp due to the fact you can record 50secound video clips and its 1million pixel camera

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've had
    Nokia 3210
    Nokia 3330
    Nokia 3510
    Sagem MyV65
    Nokia 3200

Of them all, I liked the 3210 the most as it could take much abuse. :) The 3510 could take much abuse too but looks terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

only had the 3330 & currently 6100.

prefer the 6100 due to small compact size & light weight. easier to use imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the 3200 is the best ive had, but it pales in comparison to the clamshell phones on offer, hopefully i will get an upgrade soon. Probably a gx20 or a samsung e700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

everyone's phone of choice seems to be nokia. I have to be honest and say that I'm not into Nokia's at all. Their phones may be well designed but I find their phones to be all very similar and bland. I'm not really into the Nokia interface either - it's good but too simple. I know the Siemens interface is a bit more complicated but I really think it's way more comprehensive. My favorite phones at the moment looks-wise include the Sony Ericsson T610 and Motorola E365. I don't think flip phones will become truely stylish until phone makers start making more flip phones without antennae

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've only had 2 phones,

3310 and
    3510i

3510i wins that, I think.

I'll upgrade to a 7600 or 7610 off eBay soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I've had a 3210, 3510i and currently the Sagem MYV65. The 3210 was pretty much shatterproof-I used to use it in the rain (no liquidation damage) and I used to accidently drop it nearly every day, and it lasted 3 years. I like the Sagem phone but I can't seem to get rid of the logo which is *really* annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

8810 all the way baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

have had the following phones.

Siemans phone analog for get the model number
    Motorola Flip Phone 2 (analog)
    Philips Diga (i paid something like 10p for it when esat digifone launched)
    Nokia 5110
    Nokia 3210
    Nokia 3310
    Nokia 5510
    Nokia 7210

Favorite phone Nokia 3210 it was sturdy and could take a hammering
    least favorite phone nokia 5510 it was like a specticles case in your pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I've had the following phones:

Some ****e green brick-sized Ericsson phone. (Lasted me one and a half years)
    Nokia 8250 (lasted me a year)
    Motorola T191 (half a year)
    Sharp Gx10 (one and a half year)
    O2X1 (lasting me 4 months so far, the phone is ****e, camera is ok)
    I will be getting a Sony Ericsson P900 sometime next week :) (hopefully will last me for over 3 years, but unlikely as I like to change phones often :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 sarahdb83

Nokia 7250i because it had every thing. from radio to camera etc.

i cureently have the 6220 but cant get onto the wap as the settings dont seem to work. with the 7250i, i never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭kevmac

Sony Mars Bar
    Ericsson t28
    Ericsson t39
    Sony Ericsson t68
    Sony Ericsson t610
    Sony Ericsson K700 (Arrives June)

I know everyone loves Nokia but for me they are the same interface with a new body time and time again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

My first fone was a
    Motorola Startac: I used to love the way the fone could flip open. I had it for three years i think.
    My next fone was a
    Nokia 3210: I didnt mind this fone but i prefer the updated version which is my current mobile
    The Nokia 3310: I love this one but i'm thinking about updating it to a picture fone. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I started off with an Ericsson A1018s way back when, then I got the Nokia 3210, the 3310, the 3510 before going to the 5100.

The 5100's my fav, for the torch and the sturdiness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

my best fone was the motorola V.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

had a few nokias. now have sharp gx10i. this is the best one ive had tbh. basically had no problems with it. all my nokias borked at some time or another.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

on my 19th phone now, all others broken or lost....
    using a ngage, nice but big....

best ever has to be the 3330. BESt PHONE EVA!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

I started life with a Motorola brick that had a toggle switch on the top for selecting analogue or push-to-talk. The best part about that phone was everything was free since it was part of a crash alert network.

I got bruised by carrying a very heavy Ericsson phone in 1994 when I first got to Ireland. I wish I had kept the thing--a true digital artefact.

I went with an Ericsson 682 for a few years then a Motorola StarTac.

Then a Nokia 7110 until it fell into the Liffey.

Then a Nokia 9110 until I had to go smaller, so I got a Motorola V70 but my dog ate it. So I went to a Nokia 9210i since field tests showed the dog wasn't interested in it. Although she did pee on it one day when it was on the floor.

I still have the 9210i but can't hear most phone calls since I've bounced it off too many pub floors. Those drop-the-phone sessions have actually reduced my mobile phone bill.

I'm not showing anybody my Sony Ericsson P900 since its resale value is too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by topgold
    I'm not showing anybody my Sony Ericsson P900 since its resale value is too high.

have you checked out an IR keyboard with it? if not, next time you're up give me a shout to have a look

p900_ir_keyboard_devices.ie.jpg

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Started off with a Siemens M55, really good and rugged but crappy menu, also kept accidentaly connectin to WAP with it in my pocket. Then got an 8210, not too bad, moved on to an Ericsson T20 (worst phone I've ever used), then an 8310, whcih was very good. now I have my T610 which, at the end of the day, is small, easy to use and does everything I want. So T610 would have to be my pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Old Mustard

Nokia 6110. Classic, have it 6 years and still works perfect.

The 6230 is a great phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

I have a new favorite now - A Sony Ericsson P900 = The Bees Nees - :D

sony_ericsson_p810_ad1.jpg

But it looks like I'll have it sold by the weekend and I'll be back to me ole 3310 - ;)

m-nokia-3310%5B1%5D.gif

Advertisement