Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaco G.P.

• 20-05-2004 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭

Looks like its business as usual for Shumie , he topped both practice sessions today by over 0.5 of a second.
    So I guess 6 outta 6 is a very distinct possibility this weekend. I hear there may be rain for saturdays qualifying and during the race on sunday . so heres my prediction for the top 4

Shumie 10 points
    Alonso 8 points
    Rubens 6 points
    Button 5 points

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Kersh

Im hoping to god he makes a mistake. Put money on Sato/massa to hit a wall. Unfortunately I think Scum-macher will win. (94-cheating-tc-bennetton).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Very good qualifying session today. What a brilliant lap from Trulli, I was delighted to see him record such a great time and even more delighted to see Michael down in 5th. The only bad side to the session was Ralf losing his excellent 2nd place due to having his engine changed. What a stupid rule, especially when it affects a driver who has qualified so strongly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

The only bad side to the session was Ralf losing his excellent 2nd place due to having his engine changed.

Was that what it was?
    I was wondering I'd gone to the toilet and he was 2nd then I came back and they were saying he was 12th and no reason given as to why. What was more bizzare was he was still being interviewed after.

Great one for the Renaults- 'specially Trulli, he's really come on in recent years hasn't he? And Alonso, come a long way from Minardi huh?

I'm going to miss it tomorrow- work. Pity, I love Monaco I'd say it's my favourite "track" if you can call it a track- it exacts the right amount of punishment on the cars, drivers and it's at once both dangerous and thrilling- really separates the men from the boys and makes for some of F1's greatest moments (crashes);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i don't like what they did with la racasse, brundle was giving out about it before the show as well it definetly used to be a tighter corner,

good result for trulli though, wonder can he keep it together in the race, what ya reckon reanult 1-2 into the first corner?

anyway hopefully schuey won't take this one as well

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Don't like the new Swimming Pool exit either, they took the barrier right back and added a kerb, means the drivers can get thru much easier. I'm sure its for safety or whatever, but that was my personal favourite part of the track! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Yeah, I agree with ye. The track changes are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shumie 10 points
    Alonso 8 points
    Rubens 6 points
    Button 5 points

Ahem! :eek: :D

Its wacky races out there today - Schumi just crashed on a safety car lap! Amd a Jordan might score some points.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

poor scumy his car must of had a fault then was rammed up the arse by his arch rivil not a good day lol

Heh, I still can't get over how stupid Schumi was there tho, entirely his own fault, and it was down to pure idiocy!!

On the otherhand, great racing from Trulli and Button, a complete joy to watch! :)

And yay Heidfeld!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

One of the Jaguars had a diamond in the nose cone (promo for Oceans 12 movie being shot in Monaco) and its gone missing apparently!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Montoya cleared by the Stewards, even when Ferrari thinks otherwise :)

good race for once, not only as schuey crashed out as i don't think he was gonna win it anyway but good action and happy for trulli and button, would have been happy for either of them to win it

just got this as an email in relation to the diamond

"Diamonds might be forever but not when embedded in the nose of a Formula One
    car, as Jaguar discovered today.
    Team spokesman Nav Sidhu said after today's Monaco Grand Prix that a
    $200,000 gem had gone missing when Austrian rookie Christian Klien crashed
    his car nose first into the guardrail at the Mirabeau corner.
    The diamond had been positioned on the nose following a sponsorship deal
    with a diamond company. The Jaguar cars were also advertising the
    forthcoming Hollywood movie 'Ocean's 12', which involves an international
    diamond heist.
    Sidhu said the gem had gone by the time the car, hoisted off the track
    during the race, returned to the garages much later.
    He said: "We may not have got the best result on the track this weekend but
    we have certainly left our mark in Monaco by adding to the glamour. Somebody
    here is going to walk away with more than just a normal motor racing
    keepsake. I don't expect we are going to get it back at all but we were
    prepared for this otherwise we would never have done it."

no big loss on F1 terms i reckon, about as much as an engine would it be? :)

I thought those diamonds costs like $150k? What did they expect to happen? I think it was dumb of them to even put it there. Surely if it was in an accident which it did, it'll probably go missing and Monaco is famous for its accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by neokenzo
    I thought those diamonds costs like $150k? What did they expect to happen? I think it was dumb of them to even put it there. Surely if it was in an accident which it did, it'll probably go missing and Monaco is famous for its accidents.

And guess what - rumour has it that it wasn't even insured!!!!!

Mike

Not even Jaguar could be that stupid!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sparkthatbled

Once again i'd like to point out that i said trulli would win it a week ago. I have witnesses too! And up the heidfeld. Anyone else going to belgium?

Originally posted by Delphi91
    And guess what - rumour has it that it wasn't even insured!!!!!

Mike

Somehow I dont find that suprising at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Originally posted by neokenzo
    Somehow I dont find that suprising at all.

You put a very expensive diamond in the nose cone of a car on a circuit where there's hardly room to sneeze, where the risk of making contact with a barrier is extremely high (especially if it rains) and then put a rookie driver in the drivers seat!

Oh, and then you don't bother to insure against any "mishaps"!

Whoever the plonker was that decided on that should be taken out and thrashed to within an inch of his life.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Monaco was a quality race, action all the way. The sport needed an exciting grid and a new winner and it got it in the most interesting race on the calendar.
    All we need now is for the Renaults, BARs and the Williams (and maybe even an occaional good performance from DC & Kimi) to continue to take as many pole positions and podiums from the Ferraris. It will keep the sport exciting and the Ferraris are always better to watch when they are fighting hard for the championships.

• Advertisement
Advertisement