Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastprovider.ie Major Problems ?

Options
  • 20-05-2004 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Hope this is the right place but I'm at a loss about what to do. I have 2 sites hosted with Fastprovider.ie .

Does anyone know what is going on with them. Their site and my sites have been down since sunday night. I cant even get through to them on the phone to get any info on whats going on. The normal channels of support ie. chat, forums etc arent available.

Anyone know anything about it or what I can do.

Thanks George.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Sorry, that was my cache speaking, site is down.

If it helps, heres the contact info:

Email (support, sales, accounts etc): info@fastprovider.ie

Phone 24 hour: 01 6714599

Forums: http://www.fastprovider.ie/forums/

Address
    Unit 2 Slade Row
    Palatine Square
    Arbour Hill
    Dublin 7
    Ireland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Beastie Boy

Its down alright.

Thanks for the info, but as I said the forums are down, the email is down, the phone support is not answering. Apart from that I dont think its apporpriate to start doorstepping them. (Well not yet!)

I thought there would be a few people here that are in the same situation. I cant actually say I've seen the likes of it and I'm severly pissed off at this minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Phone support has been answered all day, a few calls where missed, however people where gotten back to.

We had a issue on our main box with one of the drives.

edit: LoLth: while admirable to give your contact details a public forum is not the place. That's what PMs were invented for :)

This is not the place for us to offer support, call the support number to talk to us.

Service will be back shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

George,

I'm also hosted with FastProvider. Ironically and embarrassingly for me one of the sites I have there is a forum dedicated to web hosting. Five days is a long time to be down, especially since I've been working so hard recently to increase forum membership and activity. Plus the forum is positioned as a place to source hosting providers and receive reliable hosting advice.:confused:

I've been talking to Tom a few times over the last week. He seems to be struggling with the Planet Data Centre, to get his servers back up and running. I get the impression he's working round the clock to get things fixed, I've found that if you leave a message on one of the numbers Tom provided above, he'll get back to you.

Up to now I was delighted with their service and technical support. They go out of their way to help and go beyond the call of duty. I've always had very quick responses on their support forum. They are a pleasure to work with and do business with.

I've mixed feelings about this tbh. On the one hand I've had hosting with other companies who never had problems like this but their customer service was not near as good as FastProvider's. On the other hand five days is a long time.

Personlly I sometimes think Irish hosting companies don't charge enough for their services. As I'm a non-technical person tyring to do technical stuff, I require a lot of support with my site hosting but find it difficult to expect this from companies providing services at less than €200 PA. In fairness, FastProvider are the best I've used in terms of providing this user friendly support.

Now that I've got that off my chest it's time to do some work.

Fergal

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

So, website down. Had trouble getting support. Explanation given. All is happiness and loveliness again.

Locking this thread as it will only turn into a "you're crap" "no i'm not" flame fest.

henri is right about Irish ISPs not charging enough IMHO. they by and large do a great job (there are exceptions to every rule of course) and very rarely get thanks but as soon as something goes wrong you can be sure they get complaints :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement