Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sending pic's from my 6600 to my PC by Bluetooth !

Options
  • 20-05-2004 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭

I'm having trouble sending pic's to my 6600. I can send anything really to my 6600 from my pc no problem but not the other way around ?

My setting's on my 6600 are:

Bluetooth

1. Bluetooth = On
    2. My phone's visibility = Shown to all
    3. My phone's name = *******

In the paired devices section it has my pc name, so it can recognize my pc anyway ?

When I go to send a pic I select the device "my PC" then it says sending failed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, can you say what Bluetooth Software and Version you are running (open the application and check About)...

with a paired handset, and file/pim transfer set up to receive ok should get a notification that a transfet has been initiated and then the file is saved in the designated folder (but can depend on the Bluetooth manager configuration/version)

e.g.
    bt_pim_transfer_accepted.gif

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Its piss easy, i use the belkin usb adapter, just right click, send to and pick my phone!

One thing though, if you have the latest firmware some extensions are blocked by nokia to prevent copyright fraud etc so if thats the problem, rename to something else.. send and then rename back on phone. I dont think pic files are affected though.. thought it was just .mid and .sis type files.

Originally posted by Saruman
    Its piss easy, i use the belkin usb adapter, just right click, send to and pick my phone!

in the end the post read more like he was having trouble sending pics to the PC?
    I can send anything really to my 6600 from my PC no problem but not the other way around... When I go to send a pic I select the device "my PC" then it says sending failed

as there are a different Bluetooth implementations for the PC, and versions of those knocking about, it isn't always easy to see what's going on... and how to accept files if it isn't done by default...

J-537: if you post that info back (what Bluetooth Implementation and version), and also say the make / model of the Bluetooth adapter / card or integrated Bluetooth you are using...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭J-537

Originally posted by DubWireless

J-537: if you post that info back (what Bluetooth Implementation and version), and also say the make / model of the Bluetooth adapter / card or integrated Bluetooth you are using...

BrianG

Hi Brain,

Thanks for your help :) . But I sold on my 6600 today, so I'm back to my ole reliable Nokia 3310 until I get my P900 unlocked this Tuesday - ;) .

This is the bluetooth software I have anyway http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=44796&item=3094828378 just in case somebody has it and is having the same problem !

As you can see I got it on eBay.

And I know this is not the for sale forum but I got two of them so if anyone wants the other one just let me know. Cost price of course ;)

16.90 GBP
    United Kingdom Pounds

=

25.2136 EUR
    Euro

€25

1 GBP = 1.49193 EUR 1 EUR = 0.670274 GBP

Sorry Dub :( - Take this out if you feel its wrong - :dunno:

Thanks again,

J-537

hi - looks like a Mavin USB Adapter - which more recently shipped with the Widcomm Bluetooth Software (you'd need to check the Bluetooth "About" information on the your PC to be sure though) - if it is the Mavin adapter check you are running the latest software, as they have version BTW1.4.2.10 for download from their support area

would be best to list all those details to the item in the FS Computers / Hardware / Components forum and link to it from here :)

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement