Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Commissioner poll

Options
  • 20-05-2004 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

Following David Byrne's declining a second term as Irish EU Commissioner (after ending the ban on imports of GM food :( who do you want to succeed him?

I think Pat Cox should. I admire his liberal views on economic policy (i.e. state should not interfere too much).

Who should be Ireland's next EU Commissioner? 13 votes

Pat Cov
    0% 0 votes
    Bertie Ahern
    76% 10 votes
    Mary Harney
    15% 2 votes
    Brian Cowen
    0% 0 votes
    Charlie McCreevy
    0% 0 votes
    Joe Walsh
    7% 1 vote
    other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

Oops! I typed Cov isntead of Cox. Oh well people should still understand....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Give the abysmal choices on that list above (no really, /truly/ abysmal), I'd have to go for Cox. Unlike his former PD colleagues at least Cox has shown some realism since he was an economics lecturer in the heady days of the 80s when no-one (except for the likes of Tony Leddin etc) was actually examining anything and realises that Chicago-school-style monetarist economic policy was a load of unsustainable horsepoo. Might be nice if he sent a note to Mata about that though. I'd buy him a stamp.

Advertisement