Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ADSL Filter

• 20-05-2004 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hey, i got a phone in my room the the other day but the line is all fuzzy. I have the eircom box in the hall split for the line to my room to the hall phone, i have no filter in the hall and the hall phone is fine. On the line coming to my room i have it coming into the adsl filter, and the phone and router are connected to their respective slots, has anyone any ideas how i can clear the phoneline up?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is this a Rhetorical question? You dont have a filter on one device... regardless if it works.. you should have one on all analog devices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

What saruman said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

if put the filter in the hall socket, will this not block the voice going to my room?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

try it...

yeah i tried it, its all fuzzy still

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Bad phone maybe? Oh do you have a monitored alarm? most people dont have a problem but some setups might cause problems since its at the first point in house and you cant access it without opening up the whole thing.

no, the phones fine, no monitored alarm either, must be just too much splitting off the one boxto handle

Advertisement