Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Martin O'Neill - BBC1, 9.00

• 20-05-2004 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

There's an hour long documentary about Martin O'Neill in 20 minutes on BBC1 for anyone who's interested. It's supposed to be very good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Thanks i have a look at it. Heard about this the other day. sounds interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

just showed what a great character he is. he's loved at celtic by everyone and deservedly so.

it's remarkable people still question his achievements as a manager and play him down. he's one of the nice guys in football and imo one of the best.

met him in galway once by complete accident in a hotel i was staying in, he was staying there because leicster had pre-seson friendlies. asked for his autograph expecting a wee scribble on paper and that would be it. he actually chatted for a few minutes and got a picture.

very nice fella and celtic are the perfect club for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

just after finshing watcvhin it there just made me think how missed he will be when he does he infact leave celtic park, when i was over on sunday there was a tear in celtic supporters eyes as larsson did the lap on honour but if oneill goes there will be mayhem outside parkhead for days

martin o neill, martin o neill,martin o neill martin o neill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Sarge
    just after finshing watcvhin it there just made me think how missed he will be when he does he infact leave celtic park, when i was over on sunday there was a tear in celtic supporters eyes as larsson did the lap on honour but if oneill goes there will be mayhem outside parkhead for days

martin o neill, martin o neill,martin o neill martin o neill

The mans a legend, As he is a celtic supporter - i think it would be hard for him to leave the club and hope that he will stay at Celtic for a long time...

but I was over for the rangers match just a few weeks back and there was a lot talk about him buying a house in London <? Maybe just rumours ?>.. and you can see in the program, that he was trying to keep his daughter quiet when she talking about clubs... :confused: its getting worrying.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not exactly a hard-hitting expose! A bit like the 70th birthday show of Sir Bobby Robson - soft and cuddly! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i also heard that runour as well when i was over for the hun match in bairds
    think thats all it was tbh
    but then as you pionted out there he was defo trying to keep his daughter quiet.
    and then when jackie fullerton was asking him does he see himself signing a contract again he didnt say yes or no but changed the subject.....
    startin to get worried now so i am .... like if he does go its going to be hard for the fans to accept, but at the end of the day he had to be replaced , but by who lets be honest ?

hopefully

leaping martin still be there for the forseeable future :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The wife seemed a right moany old hoor. Complaining about all the moves she's had to make - what's that? - 1 move in about 7 years??

As I've said before she's doing her very best to get out of Glasgow, with London being the preferred destination. Without her in the mix, you could see O'Neill staying in Celtic forever. Although winning the Champions League is obviously his ultimate managerial ambition.

Spurs seems to be off the cards now with Arnesen signed up. The Liverpool rumours are dying a little, and will dissipate completely if Dalglish gets a Director of Football type role. Though its not certain that Kenny will get a job, and if he did and it was just ambassadorial then O'Neill might not be put off.

Maybe there'll be a big surprise with Chelsea?? Maybe Celtic have done enough work behind the scenes in the last 2 or 3 weeks to help him change his mind??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

It was a good programme and I liked it a lot .

as a younger footballing fan , I knew he had played for forest but I didnt know he was a European cup winner(twice) , and a Northern Ireland captain .

Advertisement