Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iol bb, where can I see my usage?

• 20-05-2004 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭

I know it's a daft question.

so, where??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

I was blind, but now I SEE!

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Is yours working? I'm getting 0 for this month so far?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I'm getting the same..... I'm certain I broke the cap last month by a couple of gigs and nothing happened - this month I'm grabbing lots of big films just to check if the cap is being enforced. From what I can tell it's not being enforced at all!, I can't figure out why they have done this or what's going on all I know is that my usuage has been 0.0Gb for the last 2 months and I'm not being kicked off:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

Mine was stuck at 0.0 at the start of the month, so I rang tech support and asked them to reset it. They were very surprised it was stuck, as they said it had been a problem with eircom that was now fixed. I suppose mine stuck before they fixed it, it hasn't happened since anyway.

When they did fix it, it came back at the right amount, which means they do still have a record of how much you've downloaded even if the counter doesn't show it.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ^pt^
    When they did fix it, it came back at the right amount, which means they do still have a record of how much you've downloaded even if the counter doesn't show it.
    Ye I know I rang them about it before - a couple of months ago - then I was still on the 8GB cap and you got kicked for breaking the cap. Right now though I'm on the 16GB cap and I've broken it two months in a row an nothing happens......so I dont know, maybe there is just a lot more leeway?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

mines at 0, i`m quite sure i havent gone past 500mb even, how the hell do you guys ever break your caps ? 16 gb ! highest i ever gotten within a month was probably 11gb.

mine has been updated yesterday.

is iol checking the daily downloads, and if you exceed them, they do something about it?

Also, when's the cap reset? on the first of the month? because I have some serious downloading to do, if that is so.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

IP doesn't change nightly anymore either. Once every few days at MOST.

Between 19th of April and about the 5th of May my IP didn't change and my usage meter froze. It's been 0 since this month started.

I'm sure this month I've used my cap a hell of a lot more than I've ever done so before. Don't think I hit 16gb but I would expect to have broken 10.

ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

my usage has been stuck at 0GB for the last 2 months, i tried to ring up IOL but their "new and improved" service where they ring you back never rings me back.

Who cares as long as we dont get kicked off, it's all gravy:D. As for breaking the cap, that's very easy I just download movies/DVD-rips and get a ton of popcorn ready and stuff myself until I'm finished watching whatever I got - then I delete it. Most stuff I get is total rubbish I dont have the space to keep it all:p.

Advertisement