Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know anything about emulation on the n-gage

Options
  • 20-05-2004 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭

my mate has an n-gage and i told him about all the emulation you could do on it. so he gave me the phone to do it for him but so far nothin. i got an mp3 player working on it but as for the rest...

goboy(gameboy emulator) installs fine, detects the roms but when i go to play them it just gives an error.

yewnes(nes emulator) installs fine, doesn't detect the roms.

picodrive(megadrive emulator) installs fine, doesn't detect the roms.

i know people have got these working on the n-gage and other symbian 60 based nokias.

any help appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

there is an MP3 player already on the n-gage? Its one of its main features...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

i put ultramp3 on it, it's a bit funkier and works well. any idea how to sort the probs i'm having

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

The goboy demo from handango.com works for me, perfecto.

PicoDrive is very new, and still in beta, so check out forums to see if anyone is having similar probs.

Not familiar with the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

thanks for those program names deadduck, i'm interested in gettin more out of my n-gage too but didn't know where to start.

OT: actually now that i think of it, i imagine that thanks to the recent price cuts lots of people will be looking for n-gage emulator/utility/compatibility information so my question/suggestion is:

would it be a good idea to make a sticky to put useful information like that into?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭savemejebus

not meaning to hijack thread but those are cool thanks,
    though n-gage-user seems to be down

lemme know if ye get them working and/or anything strange you have to do to get them going

also, does it matter if the apps are installed on the mmc or the phone memory

Advertisement