Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMS and E-Mail client difficulties

Options
  • 20-05-2004 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭

Hey folks... i bought a Motorola V525 on Vodafone Pay Monthly a couple weeks back and since I bought it I haven't been able to use my MMS or E-Mail Client at all.

I can recieve MMS's but when I do they just come in as normal SMS's and give me an option to download the picture/soundfile/whatever that's sent with it but it just starts to download it and then in about 5 minutes it tells me it can't be downloaded and when it tries to send MMS's it just takes another 5 minutes and says it can't be sent.

My E-Mail client just won't connect at all when I go to E-Mail inbox in my messages menu and click connect to remote mailbox. I can still get my E-Mails through the Vodafone Live menus but it'd be a lot handier to just be able to get it from the messages menu.

I've tried configuring the MMS GPRS option in the web sessions menu like it says here but it's not working.

My friend reckins I'll have to ring 1907 and talk to them and ask if I'm registered for MMS but I don't really feel like hanging on the line for hours.

Anybody have a solution for me???

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

I remember I had to ring O2 to have GPRS enabled on my phone, for some bizzare reason it wasn't enabled by default! the call only took a couple of minutes though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Ah cheers good stuff... I'll try that in the morning...

You'd think if they offer MMS and GPRS and E-Mail clients as features on the phone they're selling you they'd make sure it worked without having to go and set it up yourself

... or at least ASK you in the shop if you want it set up.

Only thing they asked me if i wanted set up for me was my precious free weather text alerts which are wrong EVERY DAY!!!:dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭manchine

You'll probably have to call them to get it sorted.

Your MMS problem (where you get an SMS instead) sounds like you're not provisioned correctly - the back end bitz'n'bobs don't know that you have an MMS phone and so go with the default option sending you an SMS.
    You may not be able to send for the same reason

While you're on the phone ask them to see if you have the ISP APN set up. If you can access vodafone live it sounds like you are provisioned for the WAP APN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Well folks you'll be happy to know it's all sorted. I rang the helpline and spoke to a very helpful Vodafone rep who told me to just turn my phone off and on again and she'd update my settings to allow me to send stuff.

Crisis averted... thanks for your help.

Advertisement