Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gaming moment?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Oh forgot about a ISS98 moment was down 3 -0 at half time ,clawed it back and in dying minutes my bro was pissing about with his keeper timewasting ,i dispossed him but hit autopass and ball shot back to my player on half way line, time was in 00.00 for ages ref was about to blow so shooting would half missed as all the players were knackered only thing was to lob with it in the general area ,which i it flew in air for ages hit the post he jumped up said NAH NAH the player who made the original pass launched into a super human diving header and squeezed it in.

Also just reminded of how SHE got the 1st hole in one on MArio Golf and it sat on the high score page for months until we erased it off by getting them ourselves.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I can't believe no mentioned this.
    In the dungeon when all those ghouls come out of the smokey ground.
    All you hear is the movement of graves and your wondering where it came from.
    It gets me every time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by MaceFace
    I can't believe no mentioned this.
    In the dungeon when all those ghouls come out of the smokey ground.
    All you hear is the movement of graves and your wondering where it came from.
    It gets me every time.
    ehhhh... which game is that?
    the bit with the zombies coming out of the graves in quake 1 rocked:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

RTCW says so in his topic and in yours :D.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

A tman. That was funny! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Finishing Final Fantasy7 on the ps1.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

KOTOR - When you get your first lightsabre.

Viewtiful Joe - When you learn to use slow mo

Zelda 64 - When you first enter hyrule field

DAOC - My first MMORPG - mind blowing

ack there are so many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

Game experiences:
    Medal of honor allied assault: The initial beach landing scene, magic.

Personal moments:
    Completing my first console game (Super Mario on the NES many moons ago)

Beating my first human opponent in Street Fighter (arcade)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Beating Facility on 00agent in 1min 10seconds. God damn you Dr. Doak!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gunstar heroes - playing it and wondering how a game could be so good and how the hell was the megadrive able to handle it.

Final Fantasy VII - playing the whole game was a magical experience.

Final Fantasy X - ditto

Grandia - ditto again

Super Metroid - having the **** scared out of me by one of the bosses

Suikoden 2 - The beautiful opening and also the only game that almost made me cry, twice during the game no less!

Also
    Luca blights death scene was brilliant and then realising that the game hadn't finished

and
    the death of one of my favourite characters in the game

Super Mario 64 - No blocky textures! I didn't have much faith in 3D games until I played this. The first game to have a fully 3D world and still be a great game.

Shining Force 2 - my first RPG!

Mega Man 2 - Game design perfection

Originally posted by KdjaC
    RTCW says so in his topic and in yours :D.

kdjac
    ah crap:D
    dopey me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭joe_chicken

Originally posted by Retr0gamer

Super Mario 64 - No blocky textures! I didn't have much faith in 3D games until I played this. The first game to have a fully 3D world and still be a great game.
    probably the best game ever!
    moving around with the little analogue controller....jesus that was good

the opening sequence in half-life...and every other bit of it!

zelda too...the spider boss

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭bumblebeemouth

When I finished Double Dragon in the arcade with my mate we had to fight eachother!!! THAT COMPLETELY FREAKED ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But then I kicked his ass!

Originally posted by Tusky
    Viewtiful Joe - When you learn to use slow mo
    blimmeh!
    just played as far as the first save point:eek:
    the demo i played in a shop left me with the feeling this was going to be a merely average game...
    how wrong i was!
    pure secks!!!

still dirt cheap on play.com
    http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=stts1&page=title&r=GC&title=123923

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

How could i be so remiss as to forget Metal gear solid. That game had so many memorable moments. The fight against vulcan raven, the ninja, psycho mantis and the vibrating controller bit/switching controller bit, Gray fox appearing at the end, absolutely legendary stuff :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Fighting the Ghosts in Metroid Prime....they looked so purty.

Also Zelda OOT, final fight with Pig Ganon.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

id have to say the final fight in zelda ocarine of time on the n64 nostalgia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Beating ruby and emerald weapon in FF VII

Getting the ****e scared outta me by the dog bursting through the window in Resident Evil

Beating my brother 20 times straight in tekken 3 :D

Playing Duck Hunt for the first time and seeing the dog laugh at you for missing a shot, pure genuis!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

thought of another: getting 100% in GTA3...I was happy, yet gutted it didn't unlock anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    thought of another: getting 100% in GTA3...I was happy, yet gutted it didn't unlock anything...
    Ye... what's the point of doing all those little missions and not getting anything:(, still a great game :D. Oh and right now I'm playing Far Cry, the FIRST time I have ever been outflanked by computer A.I.. I was clearing out a room from above and I had killed two of the armoured mercs and the rest just disappered out a door, I just stayed there (crouched & aiming) to see if they would come back into the room - so I could finish the job:) - next thing I knew I was being attacked from my side. they had gone out through another room up some stairs and down a corridor to get to me :D. They killed me quickly enough - I got a real surprise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

the first Toca Touring Car Championship [pc]:

winning the championship on difficult with the full length races. Me and the bro took turns racing...swap every 15-20 laps :)
    bloody long time to do all the races!

HL: head crabs obviously, and the elevator with the scientists :lol:

CS: taking out 5 of 6 CT's with the benalli with one clip and me a poor **** n00b [ages ago tho]

Metal Gear [nes]:
    the 16 character long code for loading a game :rolleyes:
    finding out Big Boss is teh enemy at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

FF7 when the first weapon apears and is shot at by the HUGE gun in the port city ....class

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Originally posted by swiss
    Baldurs Gate (PC)
    - Go for the eyes Boo! Go for the eyes! Raaaaahhh! Cracks me up every time.

BUTT KICKING FOR GOODNESS!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Metal Gear Solids fight with Psycho Mantis is THE best videogame sequence ever. The controller switching is utter genius.

Other favourites
    - FF7 - Beating Emerald and Ruby
    - FF8 - Beating Omega
    - FF9 - Beating osma
    - FF5 - Realising how great FF was even without the gfx
    - Half Life - The three headed sewer thing that responded to noise
    - Sonic 2 - Spinning for the first time
    - Streets of Rage - The dual player element was excellent.
    - Pokemon - I'm not ashamed to admit how proud I was of my 6 uber pokemon!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It was because of playing Resident Evil on the Gamecube, for what could be said for a longer time then was a good idea. I was looking outside through tall sliding windows, spoted a group of bird (crows I think) on a tree, at which point I said “fuck, they’re going to get us”. And after that I probably said ‘fuck’ again, because I had left the game controller down about an hour ago and was standing in the kitchen of my friend’s house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Collecting all the chaos emeralds and going super-sonic for the first time.

Also have to agree with the resident evil bit where the dogs jump through the windows... so unexpected :)

Getting a job as a forklift driver in Shenmue... excellent.
    If only working in real life was so much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Bladurs's Gate - Having my reputation go from 18 to 5 in the space of 5 minutes after thieving every house in Beregost :D

Baldur's Gate 2 - The rush I felt after beating Kanggaxx The Demi Lich, if you've played the game you'll know what I mean.

Resident Evil - Encountering the first zombie with just the knife. The dogs bursting through the windows in the eastern L-shaped hallway. The weird music played in the outside area between the guardhouse and the manshion.

Resident Evil 2 - Being persued by Mr.X through scenario 2 and nearly having a heart attack every time he comes through a wall.

Ultima Underworld - Beating the game before my dad or brother who were both as heavily into the game as I was at the time. And the gloating :)

Streets of Rage 2 - Getting to the very end playing co-op with my brother only to be felled by the last boss.

Half Life - Having to creep past that giant green stalk monster thing in the rocket test chamber without making noise and throwing grenades to distract him.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 - Watching the look on my friends face after I annihilated him with Akuma's Raging Demon move for the first time.

Street Fighter 2 - Finally mastering Zangief's Spinning Piledriver move after many long hours and two very sore thumbs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Super Mario World 2- from start to end, a magical joruney

Street fighter 2
    Caddillacs and dinasours - in arcade
    Samurai Shodown
    Metal slug

Street fighter 2 RAINBOW EDITION - *tear* classic.

GTA - classic PC.

ZELDA 64 - *tear* so beautiful N64

GTA 3 PC

Counter Strike PC

just goes down hill from there doesn it ?

well DOOM 3 beta demo i played - AMAZING,

Advertisement