Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gaming moment?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Two driving in the car
    (depending on wheter the girl, whos name I cant rememebr, lived or died)

Joining the reps.

I think if you killed the siamease twins or whatever you got the ending were you had to kill the reps and stay loyal to the force (although if you killed them before a certain point you couldnt progress it seemed)

There was a fair few, but I cant really rememeber in detail. If you still have the game, I'm sure you could get a walkthrough somewhere on the net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yay, lets all give away the endings to games that some people are still intending to play and not use spoiler tags!!!!111

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I love the bit at the end of MGS2 where we find out Snake is Raiden's Father...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 calculon

nice topic, as was said most of mine have been mentioned

but the most recent was TRANSFORMERS

i had some buzz at the start just transforming!

recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you bitch!:D
    i was actually thinking of ordering MGS2: substance next week if play.com still have it for cheap:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

They have it for cheap? Ooh...

Looking forward to Snake Eater...damn I wish Twin Snakes was for PS2...

Oh, the bit from Silent Hill in the funhouse. We're lead to expect a surprise from the rocking chair, when HOLYBLOODYHELL AAAAAARGH! we get something else instead. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

with all this talk of gaming, thought I would go retro

my fav moments

c64
    Completing Turrican 1 & 2
    Enjoying each torture screen from Creatures 1 & 2 - plus completing the game.....so very sweet

Atari 130XE
    Completing Bruce Lee and then realising the game just looped over itself constantly :(

c128
    Ultima IV - my all time fav ultima game for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Seen as your talkin retro'....

Speccy 16K: Completing the Hobbit adventure game

C64: Spy vs Spy two player...awesome

Amiga:Finishing Mega-lo-Mania or Speedball2 or endless Sensi Soccer tourneys with m8's.

Really Retro: Finishing a text adventure on meh old ZX81(its that long ago i cant remember the name)

PC:Attempting to complete Morrowind and realising you can't.(and no not just the main objectives)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Always remember fondly the ending of Another World. Trying to get your character to drag himself across the room to flick the switch and save the day.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Sorry about spoiling all of the spoiler’s fun, some people actually don’t like to know how a game ends until THEY finish it.

Use the spoiler tags (with no spaces in the code) - [ SPOILER ] (contents) [ / SPOILER ]

Deleting the posts could be a lot easer ;)

• Advertisement

Did a Mod add Spoiler tags to my 2nd last post? Cuz you know...erm...thats actually a joke right? Those two characters have nothing in common nor is it ever implied....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Yeah, woops, I was in tunnel vision mode. [Find what looks like giveaway storyline, then tag it.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

For retro moments, it has to be finishing Last ninja 2, running around trying to light those damn candles on the floor while avoiding getting your arse kicked by the evil shogun kunitoki, class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Originally posted by jill_valentine
    Did a Mod add Spoiler tags to my 2nd last post? Cuz you know...erm...thats actually a joke right? Those two characters have nothing in common nor is it ever implied....
    a very very good joke at that ;) I think the spoilers make it better though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Getting all the licences on gran turismo 3 dam that game cost me money, think i broke about 3 controllers from smashing them on the ground in frustration at being .00001 off the gettimg bronze on the special licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Chrono Trigger
    So many moments, but when the lead guy dies, and you go back in time and replace him with the dummy so he can live? Genius. Oh, and when the time ship finally gets wings!

Playing the Silent Hill demo, which was the opening sequence up until the diner window smashes in. Never have I been so scared by a demo!

Silent Hill 2,
    when you're walking through the woods at the start, and you can hear footsteps behind you. When you go to run, the footsteps speed up to match you. Even though nothing ever attacks you, there's this terrible sense of something following you, and you're still without a weapon. So cool, and it really set the tone for the rest of the game.

Resident Evil
    The return of the half-rotten Snake in the piano room.

Resident Evil GC Remake
    the graphically superb shark tank. I really got so creeped out seeing how deep the tank was (like others, Jaws has scarred me for life when it comes to sharks). When the shark starts ramming the control room window when you try and drain the water.

Resident Evil 2
    the first time Mr X appears, I was so so scared!

Resident Evil: Code Veronica
    when you open the door in the Arctic Base, and find yourself in the replica mansion from the first game. Brilliant stuff

Having the Gold Armour in (Super) Ghouls and Ghosts and unleashing a charged-up weapon.

Tomb Raider-- making Lara jump off the top of the level in St. Francis' Folly. Takes her ages to land, but it was grisly when she dived off and just crumpled into a broken heap at the bottom.

The first time your Sims fall in love/ get a baby/ receive a promotion. :)

Night Trap on Mega CD. It was just so amazing to have live action video, and there was great satisfaction in saving the girls from the Augur gimps & vampires ;)

Pilot Wings on N64. Playing this for the first time was just wow.

Zelda: A Link To The Past-- the first time you go into the Dark World.

Zelda: Ocarina Of Time-- like many others have said, that first sense of epic scale to the world when you first emerge onto the fields.
    Also when you awake as Adult Link.

Sim City-- achieving Megalopolis status.

Space Ace-- battling through the 7+ discs on Amiga and finally finishing the game.

Secret of Mana--
    the first time you bang the drum and get picked up by the flying dragon

Mario Kart on SNES-- playing Rainbow Road track for the first time, with no sides (and pretty much all of the tracks really. Excellent design)

Duck Hunt-- playing a game with a Light Gun for the first time ever.

Wracking my brains, and I'm surely leaving tons of moments out, but aside from actual games, I'll always remember getting each of my Nintendo consoles, unpacking them & playing them for the first time. Pure magic. :cool:

Advertisement