Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

King Kenny to Return?

• 20-05-2004 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭

SkySports
    Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish has played down reports that he has been approached over a possible return to Anfield.
    Rumours have been circulating that Dalglish could return to the Anfield hot seat for the second time with doubts surrounding the future of current Reds boss Gerard Houllier.

Dalglish insists he has not heard anything from the club, but admitted he was available if they wanted any help.

"I have not spoken to anybody about any position at Liverpool Football Club," Dalglish told the Liverpool Echo.

"But if the club think I can help they just need to ask."

Oh please god no!! :mad:

No Offence to Kenny, he was a great player and manager at the club, years and years ago.. but i dont want to see that man near the club.

Memories of what he did at Celtic (with John Barnes) and Newcastle have totally put me of him.. he has been out of the game to long and he should stick to John Barnes side kick on channel 5...

Would you like to see King Kenny back with a role at Liverpool? 16 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    56% 9 votes
    Dont Care
    43% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

i remember when he came back to paradies all us tims were saying the return of the king but by heck couldnt wait to see the back of him he is a legend in a celtic jersy and will never be forgotten but as a manager no no no

If the liverpool board our stupid enough to appoint him they may get the wage book out for john barnes as well

then i will laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I hope he does return. If he returns it wont be in a managerial position I would think something higher up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

King Kenny in one of only 3 managers to win the premiership.

he knows what is required to do this. (Eg tough midfield terrier type, 20 goal a season striker, etc). Kenny has usually used width, and provided good service to the front players from crosses etc.
    I believe Owen might thrive on such service, instead of the scraps he survived on with Houllier's tactics.

Also he has a track record of spending money well which is 1 thing that has let Houllier down. (EG spotted Shearer at southhampton, Sutton at Forest etc.)

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I voted yes because of how the question is phrased, I've no problems with him having a role at the club. He won't be manager - that would be a mistake but one rumour I heard is that he will take up a role liasing between the board and the fans, they currently want to improve communications.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭The Rooster

The greatest player ever to play for Liverpool. And bearing in mind a lot of people would regard Liverpool as the greatest ever English club, that's quite an achievement!

The only manager ever to win the double for Liverpool - he even scored the goal that clinched the league.

He brought Blackburn from nowhere to win the league. A lot of people say he bought the league. Pure nonsense. First of all, if it was that easy a lot more clubs would have done it by now. Secondly he actually didnt spend that much money. He spent a mere £3.6m on Alan Shearer - one of the best buys of all time.

Anyone who says they don't want Dalglish at Anfield, either is not a fan of Liverpool, or knows less about Liverpool Football Club than my cat.

I see Curbishley and McLaren are being linked with Liverpool now, as it is thought they would have no problems with working with Dalglish.

EDIT: Apologise if I've gone a bit OTT in the second last paragraph above. I get a bit emotional when it comes to the King! :p

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Rooster
    ..... Secondly he actually didnt spend that much money. He spent a mere £3.6m on Alan Shearer - one of the best buys of all time.

Now to be honest that was a lot of money at the time.

I believe it broke the previous the record fee , IE The most money ever paid for 1 player by an English club!.

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by The Rooster
    Secondly he actually didnt spend that much money. He spent a mere £3.6m on Alan Shearer - one of the best buys of all time.

for Celtic he (Kenny) spend 6.5 million (english pounds) on Rafael Scheidt... whatever happend to him? - Rafaels time at Celtic, it was know as the "Scheidt years" and the lad also got 1.5 million (english pounds) for sitting on his ass - for 6 months, before he was 'given' to Corinthians.

Liverpool can afford another manage/director of football who will spend millions on sh*t players - like GH has done.

And 'any real' fan of Liverpool would know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

A lot of people say he bought the league. Pure nonsense

I would disagree - the subsequent demise of Blackburn after they won it proved he put no foundations in place - he went for the short term solution and it worked. They had a season where everything went for them - very little injuries - if i remeber correctly it was the smallest number of players used in a long time.

Originally posted by Johnny_the_fox
    for Celtic he (Kenny) spend 6.5 million (english pounds) on Rafael Scheidt... whatever happend to him? - Rafaels time at Celtic, it was know as the "Scheidt years" and the lad also got 1.5 million (english pounds) for sitting on his ass - for 6 months, before he was 'given' to Corinthians.

Hmm six months ....

Would that not make it a Scheidt half year or a partially Scheidt Year??

:)

X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Xterminator
    Hmm six months ....

Would that not make it a Scheidt half year or a partially Scheidt Year??

:)

X

:p

He joined Celtic in 1999 and didnt leave until 2003... so that would be alot of 'Scheidt Years'. :) he is currently at Atletico MG - if anyone is interested..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Moores is apparently taking a "holiday" in Scotland, if you believe koptalk.com.

Martin O' Neill to Liverpool, then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Cisse makes Anfield pledge
    Djibril Cisse has insisted that press speculation over Gerard Houllier's future will not affect his decision to sign for the Reds in the summer.
    The French striker is due to play his final game for Auxerre this weekend before putting the finishing touches to his £14 million move to Anfield.

Speculation has been rife over recent days that Gerard Houllier faces an uncertain future at Liverpool, but Cisse has stressed he will be coming to Merseyside no matter what.

He said: "From my point of view it does not matter if Houllier is at the club, absolutely not.

"I still want to go to Liverpool. Gerard Houllier's position makes no difference. I want to wear the shirt of this club. Whatever the position of Houllier, it will not change my attitude."

Advertisement