Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince is a great guitar player.

Options
  • 20-05-2004 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody would agree with me in saying Prince is a great guitar player. He always seems to get over looked cuz he sings like he has no balls. But he's a fine lead player....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

so very true

way better than ****ing uninspiring michael angelo or malmsteen (here we go the tirade of "how dare you say prince is better than Yngwie!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Prince's solos are tastful and melodic.

Unless the solo is tasteful I don't care if your playing at million notes per second. It sucks unless its got soul in it.

Ain't nothing wrong with shredding tastefully.

Early Metallica albums will demonstrte as will a band called Trouble. Beautiful tones and tasteful solos from Trouble all the way :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Àgreed, but listening to the two Cacophony albums still gives me a stiffy :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Agreed ... about the Prince thing ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

fantastic guitar player - just a pity about emancipation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Prince is a genius. He's a great guitar player, song writer, drummer etc... etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The man is a legend. Who else can sing away, then grab a guitar and play a mad solo, then get behind the drums and play some great stuff, and then get back up and dance like a god?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He's been seen to rip through some Steve Vai shreds live.

Originally posted by Fozzy
    The man is a legend. Who else can sing away, then grab a guitar and play a mad solo, then get behind the drums and play some great stuff, and then get back up and dance like a god?!

James Brown (except with an organ instead of a guitar).

Originally posted by Doctor J
    James Brown (except with an organ instead of a guitar).

I've seen Prince jump behind an organ also. In fact I think he can play everything quite competently.

• Advertisement

:dunno: just fighting the double entendre here ;)

:)
    Ona side note. Anyone know where to get decent Prince DVD's? Anywhere in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Fozzy
    Theres actually a friend who lives only 16 mile from me who can play (incredibly well):
    Violin, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, and Sing. He also records every single album that comes out of Fermanagh. On saying that I have never listened to prince, so cant really comment on him though, but there are quite a few people who can play 5 or more instruments very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Petoria

Originally posted by Pugsley
    He also records every single album that comes out of Fermanagh.

That's a serious accomplishment. Everyone knows those albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

You'd be surprised how big of music scene there is in Fermanagh, band here (fractured) have played all over Ireland, and playing a mini tour in England last summer. Not many live here but there still a good rock scene :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I never thought much of him until i saw some live footage a few years ago - they were doing an extended blues jam, and Prince wailed on that guitar like a Blues God. Even though im not really mad about his music (the odd song maybe), i've had nothing but respect for him since. A true talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Theres actually a friend who lives only 16 mile from me who can play (incredibly well):
    Violin, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, and Sing. He also records every single album that comes out of Fermanagh.

Ah, but can the guy dance?!

Listened to a few Prince songs last night at a mates house, when he came on everyone seemed mad into him. Never heard that song "Head" before, surprised it got past the censors!

Advertisement