Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which exchange question

Options
  • 20-05-2004 11:14pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭

Hello Everybody,

A friend of mine is looking at buying a house in Tyrrelstown near Blanchardstown can you please tell me what exchange would cover this area and is it DSL enabled.

Thanks a million,
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

i had a look at the sticky but he does not know which excange that area uses so the sticky is of no help any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Quick google search (lazy fecker) reveals that Tyrrelstown has its own exchange, built in October 2002. Not DSL enabled. Alternatively, depending on the side of Tyrrelstown this house is at (if it's one of the new 2500 houses it's probably on the new exchange) it may be on the old Blanchardstown exchange, which was DSL-enabled in March 2003.

Possible solution: assuming phone line exists at house, go to house, dial 1800512128 and ask for the test result for the house. While you're on the phone, ask what exchange it's on.

thanks for the help

By the way was just on to Eircom and it will be DSL enabled by March 2005 if this helps anyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by sceptre
    Quick google search (lazy fecker) reveals that Tyrrelstown has its own exchange, built in October 2002. Not DSL enabled. Alternatively, depending on the side of Tyrrelstown this house is at (if it's one of the new 2500 houses it's probably on the new exchange)

*scratchy head* Tyrrelstown has 2500 houses and the exchange isn't enabled? What are eircom ON!

i agree and the majority of people are young as well and would want DSL seems a bit mad to even me.

Advertisement