Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Architecture Anyone???

Options
  • 21-05-2004 1:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey,

This is my first thread.
    I'm from Galway originally and i'm studying Architecture up in Queens at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested if i set up some sort of Architecture section?

The section would be aimed in particular at Arch. students, as a place to swap advice and general approachs to the course, or whatever else tickles your fancy.

Let me know through a PM or email me at sane004@hotmail.com

J
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

check out http://www.archeire.com/ if you haven't already. They have forums and that kind of jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

I doubt that there'd be much interest on this board. This forum hardly gets any traffic as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Vorak
    Hey,

This is my first thread.
    I'm from Galway originally and i'm studying Architecture up in Queens at the moment. I was just wondering if anyone would be interested if i set up some sort of Architecture section?

The section would be aimed in particular at Arch. students, as a place to swap advice and general approachs to the course, or whatever else tickles your fancy.

Let me know through a PM or email me at sane004@hotmail.com

J

hi vorak welcome to boards, with regards to a new forum suggestion such as architecture the procedure to attempt to obtain a new forum is to ask through the usually name feedback/suggestions but currently named bickering/suggestions forum under the drop down tab for admin.

don't be suprised or annoyed if your suggestion gets shot down in flames thats what people seem to do here as they don't think a new board should be created unless a current one is overflowing with threads about a current topic. go nuts though

data

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Handier if I just moved it ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

why yes yes it would good idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Interesting idea, as im thinking of studying architechture in a few years, I'd give it the thumbs up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

I'd agree with rob89 this is the place for that sort of discussion

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've been thinking about forums for college courses (like Architecture, Engineering, Maths, Arts etc... I guess an expansion and promotion of the Science forums, perhaps into a new top drop down). It might be better then the way we have done it with the specific colleges having boards of their own, which frankly seems to just degenerate into spaz attacks periodically...

Ecksor, anyone ... any thoughts on this?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

tbh i had thought of mentioning this around the time of the engineering board.
    my idea would be to make the board engineering/architecture because as a general engineering board structural engineering would fall under that and so there could be a few interesting discussions going. maybe to shove under both arts and science...
    Wow, relevant or what, i got refused from an architecture course recently!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by DeVore
    Ecksor, anyone ... any thoughts on this?

Yes, will chat to you offline about them though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by rob1891
    check out http://www.archeire.com/ if you haven't already. They have forums and that kind of jazz.

spot on - and one specifically for Student Issues

BrianG

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Everything has it's niche.

Especially college boards (I would think), handy for getting quick bits of info on courses, assignments, project advice, study methods for the variety of subjects, feedback from people doing the courses to guide the Leaving Cert students in the decision making process, etc...

The general idea sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by crash_000
    engineering/architecture
    This would be about as far as I would go.

Architects and their self-importance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

well tbh victor the engineering board seems to be half dying, and theres not enough support for a full architecture board, so IMO the best way to do it is a crosslink between arts and science - ....wait a minute, is this one of sykes accounts just in search of another board to control? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Vorak

Good God,

I was'nt expecting this many replies at all. Seems the feedback gets an (almost) all round thumbs up?

Crash_000......

Soz to hear about the refusal, but i've got a friend who did Architectural Technology in D.I.T. and then transfered to Queens to do Architecture, or there are lots of places in England that seem to be easiear to get into.
    In fact Queens is easier then anywhere in Dublin! I turned down an offer from D.I.T. cos i fancied student life in a Uni.

Anyway we'll see what happens...

Gota study for these exams for now.

<Watch this space>

J

Advertisement