Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apologies to users of boards.ie....

Options
  • 21-05-2004 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Just want to say a quick sorry to the average normal user of boards.ie for the disruption I have been causing for the last while - its not a situation I want to me in. I know some of you think I should just stop, as its annoying but I refuse to let those idiots get away with crap like this.

For example - Tuesday I'm in #boards.ie, talking to DeVore. Then, out of no where a kick ban from ecksor or no reason. Then followed a flood me me joining and being banned which I'm sorry for. It must have been difficult for the normal users to have a conversation with all that going on. This was followed by the channel being set to +m and people having to wait to be voiced by the ops. I done this and caused this distruption because I refuse to be bullied by these people. If I am banned for no just reason I will do this for hours - it annoys them, and takes their time.

Again, people may blame me for this hassle - but the people responsable are the ones who turned the channel into this state, - because they knew I was already in the channel under an alias, with voice, making all that +m lark pointless - just a disrution and an excuse to bully people.

The same happens tonight on IRC - where all the active ops in the channel have gone for the night leaving the channel in +m mode for the night. All those normal members who join won't be able to talk. All to stop me talking.
    See - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1639827 for more info
    I'm asking you, the normal user of boards.ie to please stay out of this... some believe i'm in the wrong - others rightly don't. Hopfully this will be resolved soon.

Already the admins have dropped to this level.....

<ecksor> Tsk, what a c unt.
    <ecksor> What a fat bastard, how does he live that sad life of his with nothing better to do, eh?
    <bubbles> ahah
    <bubbles> i'm really getting to you
    <ecksor> I can't understnad how anyone would be so sad.
    <bubbles> before i thought u where immune
    <bubbles> i finally got to the unbreakable ecksor
    <bubbles> i'm famous
    <ecksor> In fairness, if you think me taking a possible chance to have a dig is getting to me then your standards
    are lowring.
    <bubbles> we'll enjoy a few pints together on saturday
    <bubbles> chum of mine
    <ecksor> Indeed.
    <bubbles> i actually managed to lower you down too - <ecksor> What a fat bastard, how does he live that sad life of
    his with nothing better to do, eh?
    <bubbles> this must be posted after the backup!
    <ecksor> You're right, I don't think I ever lowered myself to such a comment before.
    <ecksor> My apologies.
    <bubbles> t'is ok
    <bubbles> it happens - no douth will happen again
    <ecksor> I'll try to check myself. Now I must sleep. Good night.

Before this everthing was nice and friendly :(

A good sign on my part. We all know by now I do things to annoy people, and he did a very stupid thing there and let me knew what I am doing is working - so again, I'm asking you, the normal members to bear with me for a few weeks and justice will be done.

But not to worry - because in the words of ecksor this is just a game. If the people involved want to discuss this in an adult mannor, you know where you can find me, if not I know where I can find you :)

Regards,

Your friend,
    bubbles
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I agree with everything bubbles says there, everytime some one trys to question what the mods do, especially in relation to bubbles we get told off, banned, kicked etc etc. Recently there has been a lot of kicking going on for no apparent reason. Already we're losing users like Kegser and Munch, I can see why these veterans of fortress.ie and as of late boards.ie are getting annoyed of it. You can't have any form of a laugh in the channel any more. I can't comment on other people, but surely there is a post water shed time.... a time where cursing and general fun is allowed. Why does everyone have to get so uptight?

The only reason I see for bubble being banned was the newsletter? Where in the rules does it say anything about not being allowed to send Pm's to people? Then all this stuff with the IRC. To be honest it's people like bubbles, myself, Munch, Kharn, Logic, mills etc etc that were around when these chat rooms started. I can't stand back,stay quiet and let all of this crap happen to a community of "Friends" that I've watched grow over the last four years.

Anyway after that rant, and since it's getting bright out side I'll finish by saying, Mods, Give us some answers. Don't just ban more and more people.

It wasn't just me tonight questioning why bubbles was banned, embee and jinxycat also wondered.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

if someone where to ban me for no reason i would just keep comming to boards, and i wouldent stop.

I am still very unclear as to what u did that was so wrong i never got the full story
    was it just that you sent pms to loads of ppl without permission? seems a bit odd to be banned for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

lol, the last thing I did before going to bed was to voice bubbles.

Well one of the last things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Lump

Anyway after that rant, and since it's getting bright out side I'll finish by saying, Mods, Give us some answers. Don't just ban more and more people.

OK, what answers would you like me to give you?

Why does everyone have to get so uptight?

yes Lump, what has wound you up like a little clock spring?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Originally posted by 123456
    Just want to say a quick sorry to the average normal user of boards.ie for the disruption I have been causing for the last while - its not a situation I want to me in. I know some of you think I should just stop, as its annoying but I refuse to let those idiots get away with crap like this.

Either you're sorry or you're not. "I'm sorry everyone, but I'm going to carry on doing what I was doing regardless" does not sound very sorrowful to me.

... followed a flood me me joining and being banned which I'm sorry for. It must have been difficult for the normal users to have a conversation with all that going on. This was followed by the channel being set to +m and people having to wait to be voiced by the ops.

So you're unable to use IRC correctly? Unable to follow the basic tenets of netiquette?
    I done this and caused this distruption because I refuse to be bullied by these people. If I am banned for no just reason I will do this for hours - it annoys them, and takes their time.

Careful. Your towering intellect and altruism is showing.
    Again, people may blame me for this hassle - but the people responsable are the ones who turned the channel into this state, - because they knew I was already in the channel under an alias, with voice, making all that +m lark pointless - just a disrution and an excuse to bully people.

Muppets like you give the entire community a bad name. You're a disgrace.

The same happens tonight on IRC - where all the active ops in the channel have gone for the night leaving the channel in +m mode for the night. All those normal members who join won't be able to talk.

Lets think about that. Why did this happen? Because of you you clueless muppet. If you hadn't been a muppet, the channel wouldn't have been on +m would it?

All to stop me talking.
    See - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=1639827 for more info
    I'm asking you, the normal user of boards.ie to please stay out of this... some believe i'm in the wrong - others rightly don't. Hopfully this will be resolved soon.

I take it this is some sort of popularity test? No friends in real life eh?

A good sign on my part. We all know by now I do things to annoy people ...

You want to be allowed to annoy other people who _don't_ wish to be annoyed, and have the cheek to complain when you are stopped? If I was a mod I'd call over to your house with a baseball bat.

I don't even know why I bothered to post this ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

front.jpg

lol
    bubbles this place just wouldn't be the same without you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I've never seen such a load of whinging blown out of all proportion.

18938boards_cards_oppressed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

DAMN THAT CARD... DAMN IT TO HELL

ITS REPRESSED, not Oppressed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

ITS THE INTERNET!!!!

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    OK, what answers would you like me to give you?
    Well you're not a mod on the channel boards.ie so, nothing.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Ryvita

Maybe this is a perfect oppurtunity for you to get out a bit more? hmm?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I have a slightly different version of that log, which doesn't excuse the comment I made but might put it into context better as he decided to change his name back before posting and leave off the last bit :rolleyes:
    ~criace@193.194.79.194 (quakenet)
    03:10 -!- Irssi: Starting query in quakenet with sykeirl
    03:10 <sykeirl> Jerry - bubbles somehow got ops in #boards.ie - he's acting the tit again
    03:10 <ecksor> Tsk, what a ****.
    03:11 <ecksor> What a fat bastard, how does he live that sad life of his with nothing better to
    do, eh?
    03:11 <sykeirl> ahah
    03:11 <sykeirl> i'm really getting to you
    03:11 <ecksor> I can't understnad how anyone would be so sad.
    03:11 <sykeirl> before i thought u where immune
    03:11 <sykeirl> i finally got to the unbreakable ecksor
    03:11 <sykeirl> i'm famous
    03:12 <ecksor> In fairness, if you think me taking a possible chance to have a dig is getting to
    me then your standards are lowring.
    03:12 <sykeirl> we'll enjoy a few pints together on saturday
    03:12 <sykeirl> chum of mine
    03:12 <ecksor> Indeed.
    03:13 <sykeirl> i actually managed to lower you down too - <ecksor> What a fat bastard, how does
    he live that sad life of his with nothing better to do, eh?
    03:13 <sykeirl> this must be posted after the backup!
    03:13 <ecksor> You're right, I don't think I ever lowered myself to such a comment before.
    03:13 <ecksor> My apologies.
    03:13 <sykeirl> t'is ok
    03:14 <sykeirl> it happens - no douth will happen again
    03:14 <ecksor> I'll try to check myself. Now I must sleep. Good night.
    03:14 <sykeirl> nite - wonder what level i'll have you down to in a couple of months - sleep well

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Lump
    Well you're not a mod on the channel boards.ie so, nothing.

John

Im not important enough for you?
    :(

by the way, why are you asking these things here?

dont you think that an IRC question would be better on the IRC Forum?

looks to me like youre just complaining for the sake of complaining. much like Bubbles is posting for the sake of trolling. its what he does. much like complaining is what you do.

give it all a rest my good man, and let those who have been so terribly wronged bring their cases to the courts of human justice. they will probably get better defence laywers than you anyway.

So go on. its nice out side.
    go and have a sandwich and smile at a few people.
    you know that smiling at people actually makes their day better. share some happiness about, and dont be such a cross old thing!

ya big grumpy boots!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

ye's are all freaks
    end of story!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by User45701
    if someone where to ban me for no reason i would just keep comming to boards, and i wouldent stop.

I am still very unclear as to what u did that was so wrong i never got the full story
    was it just that you sent pms to loads of ppl without permission? seems a bit odd to be banned for that.
    Bubbles obviously wanted to get banned to get some kind of point across. He must've also had his "revenege" plan for years, why else would he set up so many accounts without posting?

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    ye's are all freaks
    end of story!

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Now that is funny, best thing I've heard all day ;)

Hey WWM, I've just been out and yes it is a nice day. The reason I'm complaining on here is because Iim stuck inside digitising 12 hours of video footage that I have to edit over the next two weeks.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just op all the regulars, works in most other channels, and kills power trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

usetheinternet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Who's bubbles?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You have been treated like any other user who pulled this sort of thing bubbles. If you want to know if you are getting to me... I'll tell you you have. I'm sorry you think this is fun, cleaning up after you isnt what I do this for. But I dont care anymore. You want special treatment when you are the first to complain about anything like that.

Do what you like John, I could care less. You're shít got old 2 years ago.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by User45701

if you seriously think that sending that PM to 550 people who didnt ask for it wasnt going to get the sender banned then please close your browser and never return here. Thanks.

Seriously.

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    You have been treated like any other user who pulled this sort of thing bubbles. If you want to know if you are getting to me... I'll tell you you have. I'm sorry you think this is fun, cleaning up after you isnt what I do this for. But I dont care anymore. You want special treatment when you are the first to complain about anything like that.

Do what you like John, I could care less. You're shít got old 2 years ago.

DeV.

Hmmm? My shít got old two years ago? Or is bubbles called John Too. I am rather confused.

John

Bubbles is called John too.
    Sorry Lump, didnt mean to confuse things.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Hmmm.

Every other day around here you see people getting angry with each other in an interweb sort of way, but this seems different. People appear to be genuinely dissappointed/upset about this whole affair. :(

Excuse the crudeness of this but, Bubbles spamming boards to get unbanned seems to me to be like fúcking for virginity.....

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by davej

Excuse the crudeness of this but, Bubbles spamming boards to get unbanned seems to me to be like fúcking for virginity.....

davej

Difference is people might actually enjoy that!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

down with this sort of thing!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

hntbb1.jpg

Get some perspective, stand back from it all (Admins, Mods and Users) and ask yourself:

Are the petty squabblings of a few wet blankets going to make me lose face here?

Refuse to be provoked; if you have made an idiot of yourself, and someone is attempting to gloat over it, ignore the thread or subject and move on. Rarely will you be pursued.

If someone (especially a newcomer) posts something that seems foolish to you, don't lunge for the throat; read a few other topics before coming back to the original.
    If you still feel that you have to respond, reply on a jocular note.

Avoid lording any percieved "status" you have over anyone else, it will return to you a thousandfold.

Be clear - say what you mean, don't expect others to understand references and ambiguous statements. Miscommunication is the basis of almost all flames and heated exchanges. If in doubt of something you want to say, qualify it with something as simple as "afaik".

ABOVE ALL - This is a corner of the internet, celebrated for it's freedom of thought and expression.
    It is a place where people should be able to say what they are thinking; not what they believe is politically correct. However, no one has the right to impose themselves upon anyone else, this is the basis for email spam, and it should be regarded as no different on a forum.

This has been a public service announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

How to be banned

post large pointless pictures where bold text would have served just as well

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by hostyle
    How to be banned

post large pointless pictures where bold text would have served just as well

Your name suits your post sir.

I feel obliged to use photoshopping wherever possible to communicate (Being a somewhat avid fan of the Pix'n'Mix board).

It is a 7kb image and is a mere 320x240 pixels in dimension. I felt quite justified starting my post on a humourous note.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I thought it rather humerous too, but then my flatmates have yet to arise and I've got all this lovely dsl to myself....

Think I'll go back to bed and await Kharns arrival.

:D

Advertisement