Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown Spoilers

• 21-05-2004 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

"Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero heads to the ring with JBL's hat to start the show off. He talks about his match with Bradshaw at Judgment Day, and demands that they finish things here tonight once and for all. JBL comes out and demands the WWE Championship while saying no to the rematch. Umm...I guess JBL didn't read the WWE rule book where it says that the challenger can't win the title on a DQ. Eddie still wants to go RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW. Of course, whenever any superstar tries to make matches themselves, it always brings out the GM and this time is no different. Mr. Angle gets rolled out onto the stage and puts a damper on any rematch tonight. God damn it! That means that they're actually going to go through with Eddie/JBL pt. 2 at The Great American Bash. Are they trying to see how low the buyrate for the Smackdown PPV's can get before they finally start turning things around? Angle decides to make a six-man tag team match as tonight's main event with Eddie teaming with Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio vs. The Dudley Boyz & John "Bradshaw" Layfield.

Match 1: World Wrestling Entertainment Tag Team Championship: Rico & Charlie Haas (Champions, with Miss Jackie) vs. Johnny "The Bull" Stamboli & Nunzio

Decent match, with Rico being able to really showcase his stuff in his hometown. The end comes when Miss Jackie trips Nunzio up, allowing Rico to sneak in and plant a big wet one on Nunzio. Finally, Haas capitalized on the freaked out Nunzio by hitting a german suplex for the win to retain the titles. I'm glad that they are finally starting to use Rico more, but the WWE seriously needs to revamp both brand's tag divisions.

Winners: Rico & Charlie Haas (Still WWE Tag Team Champions)

Meanwhile, Chavo Guerrero & Chavo Classic are getting into an argument about tonight's triple threat match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship where Chavo will have to defend against Classic and Spike Dudley. Classic thinks that he can still go in the ring, but Chavo Jr. believes that he's the best Guerrero in the entire family.

Match 2: Billy Kidman vs. Akio

There was no match, because Mordecai appeared and destroyed both Akio & Kidman. I'm still not sold on the whole Mordecai character, but I promised that I would give it a chance until I see how he stands up in a long match situation.

Winner: No Contest

Meanwhile, JBL threatens a doctor backstage. God, I miss Faarooq. I bet if he was still around, they'd have some stupid angle where Faarooq would be JBL's new butler or something.

Match 3: World Wrestling Entertainment United States Championship: John Cena (Champion) vs. Rene Dupree

Sooo, why does Dupree get a rematch when he was beaten cleanly at the PPV? Decent match, but I think I liked their PPV match better. Dupree spent most of the match working over Cena's arm and shoulder after John got sent shoulder first into the steel ring post. Near the end, Cena connects with a clothesline, elbow, and shoulderblock on Dupree, who heads to the outside to recover. Cena follows and they brawl on the floor. Dupree tries to hit Cena with a powerbomb through the announce table, but John counters with a backdrop. Rene grabs the French flag to use on Cena, but John manages to get his hands on it and uses it against Dupree. Rene hits a lowblow on Cena and rolls back into the ring. Cena's nuts must be hurting him bad after that lowblow, cause he doesn't make the 10 count back into the ring and Dupree wins the match via countout. Ok, if they wanted Dupree to continue the chase for the U.S. Championship, then why did the WWE have him lose clean to Cena at the PPV? Wouldn't have made more sense for Dupree to either win via countout or DQ or vice versa, and then they'd have a reason to continue the feud?

Winner: Rene Dupree via countout

Match 4: World Wrestling Entertainment Cruiserweight Championship Triple Threat Match: Chavo Guerrero (Champion) vs. Spike Dudley vs. Chavo Classic

Decent match, with both Chavos working over Spike for most of the contest. Near the end, Spike manages to clothesline Chavo Jr. to the outside. Chavo heads back in and tries to connect with his Gory Bomb, but Spike manages to reverse it into a sunset flip for two. Spike nails the Acid Drop on Chavo, but before he can go for the cover, he collides with Chavo Classic. This causes Classic to fall on top of Chavo Jr. and get the three count to win the title. Ok, while this is not helping matters any for the cruiserweight title, I rather see Chavo Classic hold the belt than Jacqueline. Not that there is anything wrong with Jacqueline. I think she's a fine wrestler, and could help build a new women's division on Smackdown, but I don't know if she's going to have the same luck fighting it out with men like Chyna used to have.

Winner: Chavo Classic (New WWE Cruiserweight Champion)

Match 5: Booker T vs. Funaki

This match comes about during a promo where Booker T makes it seem like Judgment Day never happened. God, I wish I could do the same thing. He talks about how Taker can beat him, and it somehow ends up with Booker fighting Funaki. Don't ask me to explain it. Yet another instance where the face wins clean, but for some strange reason, management has decided to keep the feud going. This match was mostly a squash, with Funaki getting a few moments of offense in here and there. The end came when Booker connected with his axe kick and got the win. Thanks for coming Funaki, see ya on Velocity next week!

Winner: Booker T

Meanwhile, they announce that next week, John Cena will defend the U.S. Championship against Rene Dupree in a lumberjack match. God, they've dived into the bag of gimmick matches that we haven't used in a while. I'm going to guess that Mr. Angle is going to assign all of the heels to be lumberjacks as well.

Match 6: "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, and Rey Mysterio vs. The Dudley Boyz & John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Eddie isn't there yet because he was assaulted by JBL in the back earlier on. Good main event, with all 5 men working well together. Near the end, JBL connected with a spinebuster on Mysterio but before he can make a cover, Eddie's music hits. Guerrero heads to the ring apron while JBL tries to finish Rey off with the Clothesline from Hell. However, Mysterio counters with a dropkick, bulldogs Bubba when he tries to interfere, and makes the hot tag to Eddie. Guerrero explodes on everyone, hitting a backdrop suplex on Bubba and his rolling vertical suplexes on D-Von. However, at this point, Guerrero passes out from the combo of the blood loss from the PPV and the injury that JBL inflicted on him earlier tonight. JBL tags back in quickly and gets the cover and the win. This was one of Smackdown's better main events since Wrestlemania 20.

Winner: The Dudley Boyz & John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Match of the Show: "Latino Heat" Eddie Guerrero, Rob Van Dam, and Rey Mysterio vs. The Dudley Boyz & John "Bradshaw" Layfield

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

there is alreday a thread with this weeks smackdown spoilers!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by cruiserweight
    there is alreday a thread with this weeks smackdown spoilers!:)

quite true, but these are from the actual TV show that was shown - which offers a completely different perspective then "live reports" - since in the past WWE has been guilty of doing pieces that are not shown until the show is broadcast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Cool and sorry, I was not sure whether you had seen them or not;)

Advertisement