Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help pls:no sound from dvd player?

Options
  • 21-05-2004 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

have a philips 763SA and i have it hooked up to a sony STR-DE475 amp with coax and the sound is great, but when i play mp3 music cds, no sound comes out of the amp's speakers whatsoever!
    however, i can listen to the music on these discs from the tv (connected to dvd by scart) but the tv is mono, so sound is crap!!

can any1 help me please? this makes no sense, as normal cds/vcd and dvds have good sound through the amp, just not mp3 cds!

thanks
    ¬hacksaw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Try changing the digital audio output to PCM instead of bitstream.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

You could try connecting the dvd player to the amp using twin phonos. Then when you are using it as a cd or mp3 player you would select that input for the amp instead.

I think it is better to keep the co-ax as bitstream for quality reasons, (so I am told) so the additional connection should sort things out without the possibility of compromising dvd audio quality.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

yeah, i think i'l' try the phono, cheers

i tried changin the output to PCm only (default was "all") but got no sound on mp3s or normal cds, but i was in a rush, so i didnt try too hard.

thanks for d help guys

Advertisement