Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do We REALLY Really Need All these Polls.

Options
  • 21-05-2004 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Right So Sleipnir, the way you wanted it :D

M

Do We REALLY Really Need All these Polls. 29 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No
    27% 8 votes
    No Opinion
    48% 14 votes
    Undecided
    0% 0 votes
    Ask Me Again Tomorrow
    0% 0 votes
    Poll is the Irish For "Hole" This is Very Confusing
    24% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

I'm not telling you how I voted ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Seeing as this is Ireland I think the Mods should have a "Vote Early and Vote Often" hack in the poll code somewhere , I'd always enable it in the interests of democracy..... or else a Personation Bot that issues 24 hour bans if you try to vote more than once.

M

bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭arcadegame2004

Yep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

Yeah, polls are fun!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by PaulHughesWH
    Yeah, polls are fun!

A rather perverse comment that given the high vote for the last option on the list :D

Do elaborate Paul ........try not to mention 'Red' anywhere coz I am hungover with a delicate stomach this morning !

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭PaulHughesWH

Well, I suppose boards.ie is the one place you can be sure that polls won't be manipulated by the elite media :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by PaulHughesWH
    Well, I suppose boards.ie is the one place you can be sure that polls won't be manipulated by the elite media :D
    Nah, all you need to do is open lots of accounts under similar names :rolleyes:

When setting up a Poll, I feel that some options are not yet excluded. If we could introduce them into the setup options we would have EVEN MORE Polls in here than recently and lots of jolly jolly times together.

EG

This being Ireland you should have a Vote Early and Vote Often option so that the Shinners and the Loyalists feel right at home on the Board.

Another possibliity would have to be the 'Shout Vote' option. A .wav attachment to whoever sets up the Poll or to teh Mods maybe :D

M

Just open a sub Channel/Board that allows people to post polls to their hearts content. At least then the main board wouldn't be saturated with them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement