Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards wastes 208 man-months a month...

Options
  • 21-05-2004 2:56pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just a curiousity I decided to work out after a discussion with some of the boards poker guys last night...

We serve 4million pages a month, suppose that each page is read by one person for 30 seconds (probably longer but for the moment lets pick that as an average).

In that case we are the cause of 208 man months of wasted time every month :)

Given that this is almost entirely done during work hours, I'm beginning to wonder if the decline of the IT industry was coincidental with the rise of Boards.ie :):)

All kidding aside, its a pretty amazing statistic innit...

DeV.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

No?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by DeVore
    In that case we are the cause of 208 man months of wasted time every month :)
    Is that all. I waste my entire month, and there are more than 208 others just like me :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Originally posted by seamus
    Is that all. I waste my entire month, and there are more than 208 others just like me :D

207 to be exact.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

You didn't win big in the poker game then I take it?

Tis amazing when you consider that we only live for around 900 months.
    So in one month, all people on boards, added up, waste about a quarter of a human being's life.

aw crap. I've wasted my life

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Sleipnir
    Tis amazing when you consider that we only live for around 900 months.
    So in one month, all people on boards, added up, waste about a quarter of a human being's life.

aw crap. I've wasted my life
    So boards wastes 3 lives a year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by p.pete
    So boards wastes 3 lives a year...
    Notice the very subtle difference in meaning between wastes and ruins. For the latter, I'd say it's a little more than 3 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Standard Boards.ie question #12

Yeah, but how many of them are bubbles?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by echomadman
    Standard Boards.ie question #12

Yeah, but how many of them are bubbles?
    142 as of midnight.

Now only 141

All figures are estimates. Sceptre, other users or boards.ie admins may not be held responsible in the event of work lost as a result of this or any other unofficial estimate based on hearsay and/or conjecture. Your fly is open

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by DeVore
    Just a curiousity I decided to work out after a discussion with some of the boards poker guys last night...

*feels Dev's bicep*

MY! You HAVE been working out!

Advertisement