Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards of Canada

• 21-05-2004 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

There is supposed to be a new album this year - has anyone heard anything about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I sooo hope so! I love BOC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

It was announced on their website a while back that a new album would be released sometime in 2004.
    Can't wait, their previous albums have been masterpieces.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I've been listening to them a lot on the train to work the past week, I really love 'Twoism'.
    Have you ever heard any of Plaid's stuff? If you like BOC you'll love them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Cheez

Haveta get Twoism and Music has the right...
    Geogaddi is class,really grows on ya
    Never heard Plaid either,must give em a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Have to say I tried BOC after listening to Autechre/Aphex Twin and found their music very simplistic and uninteresting.

Plaid are good (same people as Black Dog).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Plaid are two of the guys from Black Dog.

Black Dog is still going now with its one remaining member, Ken Downie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

I've been listening to Music Has The Right To Chldren a lot recently, and I think it's incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Where in the sequence of releases was twoism ? I loved music has the right but was less impressed with Geogaddi overall

I'm not so interested in the aphex twin since that drugs album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

Twoism was recorded in 1995, but was only given a very limited release.

Warp reissued it in 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭acid

Haven't heard much Plaid, what I did hear wasn't really my thing. They made an album with Mark Broom which was not bad.
    Originally posted by silverside
    Have to say I tried BOC after listening to Autechre/Aphex Twin and found their music very simplistic and uninteresting.
    Each to his own I suppose, I know Autechre are supposedly gods of the IDM scene but imho they don't come close to the brilliance of Boards of Canada, let alone Aphex Twin.

"Druqks" was a bit of a strange album, I thought. My fave by aphex twin by a long was is selected ambient works - easily one of the best electronic albums ever made, and one of the most inventive/original too.

Aphex Twin's "26 mixes for cash" is also great. He never even listened to some of the originals so they're not all exactly remixes - apparently in an interview, when asked his opinion on a nine inch nails track, he replied "never heard it, don't want to either"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I prefer their early stuff myself - from Aphex - Classics / SAW 85-92 / I care because you do
    and from Autechre - Tri Repetae / Amber

Polygon Window is also very good.

after Aphex got into speed drills and stuff e.g. Drukqs, and Autechre got all arty farty with Confield, i went off them a bit, although draft 7:30 is OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Hip

My fave BOC track is Aquarius - counting is the new singing.

Drukqs is definitely an album that needs to be listened to using playlists, stick all the fast tunes in one playlist for daytime listening and all the slow John Cage type tunes in another playlist for night-time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I haven't really bothered with Autechre after Amber, I'm not into all that bleepy-scratchy crap. Pity, Incunabula is one of my favourite albums, incredible that it was written in 1993. Plaid also own my bones, as do BoC.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

An all round positive response on Boards of Canada then.

As usual though, the release schedule is a mystery. It was on their own website as this year, but has since disappeared. No doubt they'll deliver the album without any prior warning.

Bought the new moodymann album last night. It's fantastic, finally delivered what he has been threatening for a long time (with the excepion of Silence in the Secret Garden, didn't like that at all).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

I'm a BOC fan myself. Aquarius is a pretty cool track, as is Dawn Chorus.

Originally the new album was expected to come out during the Spring, but obviously this has not happened.
    There were some rumours that they'd taken a bit of a new direction, let's hope it isn't a dud..

davej

Advertisement