Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid sign world class defender ( not a typo )

• 21-05-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭

Sky Sports News :

Chelsea's bid to sign 26 year old Argentine defender Walter Samuel , has been Hijacked by Real Madrid .
    He will be signing for Madrid subject to a medical .

What are peoples thoughts on Madrid finally signing a defender , has Perez copped on , as to why they are not winning everything ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

that is a huge signing for madrid and a big letdown for chelsea who seemed to have that one wrapped up at one stage

i think the madrid president is finally copping on to himself

how much was the transfer fee ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Quality player.
    They could do with another centre half though.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Great signing for Real as this was long awaited for them. the have quality Midfeilders, Forwards but missing a good defence but I have a feeling that it will be sorted very soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Yea they definitly need a defensive midfielder and maybe some more cover across the back, think madrid used the fewest players in la liga..could be wrong. As far as i know they were well down the pecking order in terms of how many used....generally the good teams use twice as many ie 21/22/23 ish. Need a bigger squad, gotta stop buying on eplayer with all their money....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Originally posted by sleepwalker

Undisclosed so far . They'll probably say at the press conference .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Helgueara and Samuel not a bad defence Carlos and Salgado as full backs.

Not bad at all if Carlos is still there but there always a slong line of quality full backs about.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I'll mention Phil Babb to them when I'm in town next month.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Sky quoted £16 million earlier. It looks like they're going to get Ayala as well. With these two players and the striker they're apparently looking for Madrid will be back with a bang next year.

There's a lot of talk about players leaving too though. A lot of the youth players who didn't perform might be let go, and even some of the big names (Carlos & Ronaldo obviously being linked to Chelsea). It should be an interesing summer on the transfer market.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Samuel is some player. Good signing. I still think they need someone to either play with him or cover him though. Last thing you want is him doing well all season then getting injured before a Champions League quarter final and being ruled out for the season or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Watching Madrid against Sociadad last night. they could seriously do with another quality center half.

Ive never seen a comedy of errors from a defence as bad as madrid last night.

Samuel is going to be a huge huge signing for next season.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Camacho will be unveiled as the new manager along side his first signing Samuel today.

Advertisement