Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal finish top of Premiership Fair Play league

• 21-05-2004 6:12pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.arsenal.com/sportsappcontroller.jsp?command=setSelectedId&nextPage=displayheadline&type=com.sportapps.news.NewsItem&id=4571860
    Arsenal's players and supporters have finished top of their respective Fair Play Leagues.

Arsène Wenger's champions, who completed an unbeaten Premiership season last weekend, took top spot ahead of London rivals Chelsea, Charlton and Fulham.

Each top-flight team is awarded points for criteria including red and yellow cards, positive play and respect towards referees and opponents.

The supporters are also awarded marks for their behaviour during the season, and Arsenal's fans have done their club proud by topping the table.

Wenger paid tribute to his squad and the fans after their latest achievements. "I'm delighted that we have finished top of the fair play table this season," he said

"It shows that we have not only won matches but won them in a fair and positive way.

"After the incident at Old Trafford, I said that we didn't act in the correct way and we made a conscious effort to address our behaviour.

"I'm very proud of the players and they really deserve credit, not only for the way we have played this season but for the discipline they have shown.

"It's also fantastic that our supporters have finished top of the Fair Play League as well. Throughout the season, they have been absolutely superb, both at Highbury and away from home.

"The Arsenal supporters really have been our 12th man this season and their contribution cannot be underestimated."

Prize money of £30,000 is awarded to the club finishing the season at the top of the Fair Play League, with £20,000 going to the club whose supporters are deemed to be the best behaved.
    arf.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The immortal phase of Victor Meldrew springs to mind...

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Was the bannings from the United game taken into account??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Good to see that they've changed their wicked ways.....All credit to arsenal this year they've taken to premiership by storm..didnt really need to battle too often, maybe thats why they didnt get many cards etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I remember united fans after the Old Trafford incident saying Arsenal would need to sort out their discipline if their gonna win the league .

They were probably right .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭red-not-blue

The results were based on red and yellow cards and attacking football and respect of opponent plus other catagories.

Arsenal deserved it for the attacking football, Henry on his own deserves it. But I think Pourtsmouth and Manchester United might have comments to make with regards to the respect bit and as for behaviour of team officials goes how does blindness and heart attacks measure ?.

I suppose the attacking/attractive football bit rules the pool out this time. I dont remember Dalgliesh being manager of Liverpool could he have an effect on us for the "attacking attractive" football bit :confused:

RNB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

He could have alright, he does lie to attack en masse and uses the wings alot, but I am not so sure that he would be the best for Liverpool in the long term.

Were actions taken on video evidence used in the compilation of this data ?

Advertisement