Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone down graded on IOL BB

• 21-05-2004 8:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Was talking to one of the customer reps today about down grading from their 16GB to 8GB and was told it will cost €30 anyone else come across this

Thks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

You might want to get it in writing so they don't force you to buy out your contract on the 16GB limit package,
    just to eb on the safe side of course...

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

at the time the broadband plus came out, esatbt sent out a letter saying that you could downgrade up till a certain date, i think they gave two weeks. anyway the letter said after these 2 weeks they would charge 30euro to downgrade.

ps. i downgraded and the service is still as good, gettin 52KBs on most downloads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Thanks Brian_ire, just wanted to make sure they were not pulling a fast one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭BlaaBoy

cubix i got the same mail , i had about 1 month where i could downgrade , after that the charge .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I believe it costs Esat 14 euro to downgrade you. Nice profit, then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by eth0_
    I believe it costs Esat 14 euro to downgrade you. Nice profit, then.
    15 euro, plus VAT. The "profit" of €11.85 is for administration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Guess I should have told 'em I was fine at the lower spec. Well, I did but they told me to call back the week after.

So I'm still undecided as to whether to stick with the extra €9 per month or waste €30 on a downgrade :dunno:

BTW, the IOL site says that users get a dual USB/Ethernet modem. Has anyone asked for a replacement of the USB only modem?

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Originally posted by oneweb

So I'm still undecided as to whether to stick with the extra €9 per month or waste €30 on a downgrade :dunno:

Did you downgrade? I can't decide what to do either! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by HelterSkelter
    Did you downgrade? I can't decide what to do either! :rolleyes:
    No, I think I just about justified the extra expense on a theoretical better service, as opposed to essentially throwing the money away on a downgrade charge.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

Originally posted by oneweb

BTW, the IOL site says that users get a dual USB/Ethernet modem. Has anyone asked for a replacement of the USB only modem?

I know this was posted a while back but i rang up IOL today to try and "upgrade" to the USB/Ethernet modem from my crappy USB modem, after IOL support played pass the buck for a while i was told i'd have to cough up €50 extra for the USB/Ethernet modem and no it wouldnt be my property then (and i'd have to return my USB modem first before they sent out the new modem, i'd say that would be 2 weeks broadband lost

• Advertisement

Originally posted by brian_ire
    I know this was posted a while back but i rang up IOL today to try and "upgrade" to the USB/Ethernet modem from my crappy USB modem, after IOL support played pass the buck for a while i was told i'd have to cough up €50 extra for the USB/Ethernet modem
    Yeah, that's exactly what I was told :(

It is what it's.

Advertisement