Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help choosing reciever (and speakers)

Options
  • 21-05-2004 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at buying a reciever very soon for around the 280-330 price range.
    I'll need something that can take coax or spdif in-puts so i can use the reciever for sound from the pc, i will be using the pc for playing Games, DVD's and music.
    I'm not sure if should get 5.1 or 6.1.
    I have 4 speakers, front and rear left/rights, and i'm not sure should i get a centre (5.1) or 2 bookshelf speakers (6.1).

Here's 2 recievers i was looking at:
    This 6.1
    And
    This 5.1 reciever.

Which would be best or what is better out there that suits my needs, what kind of speakers are good budget speakers that will do?

(Don't have a sub either if you can recomend a good one but i wont be able to afford one for another while)

thank,
    jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,524 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Really depends on which one suits your needs best..
    Do you really care about DTS support?
    Will you need 6 video inputs, or will three do?
    Do you need an optical output (e.g. for recording digitally to something like a minidisc player)?
    Do you want it in Black? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Color doesn't matter as i'm getting rid of my current stacks so it doesn't have to match, black would go better with the pc case but i dont really mind.
    What should i understand as video inputs being? Do you mean inputs like the pc a cd or minidisc player or as in picture from say a ps2 pc it self to the tv?
    I have minidisc and for the while being i'll be using it so digital out would be handy untill i can afford my self a mp3 player.
    Does DTS not come with them all now a days??
    I think i'd tend to go for the teac, have a md player from them that i really like, or some thing similar

Jozi

Advertisement