Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

German phones

Options
  • 21-05-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

Hi all,

I wonder does anyone know whether a cordless DECT phone bought in Germany will work here in Ireland. I assume that if *any* german spec phone will work here, then the DECT should be the same...

Specifically, the phone in question is a Siemens Gigaset A200, if that helps.

I see that UK DECT phones are okay provided you get the proper socket adaptor... is the German compatibility with our friends :D in eircom any better or worse?

Thanks in advance,
    MrAbc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Make sure its not for ISDN (assuming you want to use it on a normal analogue line) ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

The adaptor is required for UK phones because BT use a different phone socket to everyone else. €ircon and the Germans both use the RJ11 scoket, so you're only issue ( apart from bkehoe's ISDN) will be power for the cradle - you'll need a 2-pin to 3-pin adapter.

I bought a Philips DECT phone in Greece a few years ago, and it works fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Kein problem.

you should have no problems with a german phone over here. As stated in a previous post, all you need to do is change the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Cheers for that, guys. I appreciate the info. Looking forward to getting the A200 now...

I had looked round and round for a nice page showing tech differences between EU countries... not as easy to find as I thought! Just as a matter of interest: are there any serious differences that people have found between EU countries or was I being over cautious?!

Thanks again, in any case.

MrAbc.

NB For information: A200 twin pack is €76 + ~€20P&P @ ComputerUniverse.net -- not bad !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

I bought some Gigaset units in Germany a couple of years ago.

They had German TAE connectors and not RJ11.

Once adapted, they worked 100%, including calling line ID.

• Advertisement
Advertisement