Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

idea?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i like that idea even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I like Mercs idea - like a Newbie "Lobby"? A place for them to ask questions etc while they find their way around boards. Time restricted access for the first 30/45/60 days etc. We have one on the community I manage and its generally considered to be quite useful for people finding their feet away from the "older" members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

definately a good idea.
    theres nothing more off-putting than being jumped at for doing "newbie" things like posting in the wrong place or posting a topic that was already discussed, (resulting in being called a muppet etc).
    some of the "veterans" arent too understanding when it comes to stuff like this.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

To be honest, I would hate to be pissing about in a newbie board if I were new to a forum, if I sign up to a forum, it's to get right into it.
    I didn't join boards.ie for the lovey-dovey feelings of acceptance, I joined to talk to people about CS (originally).

No need to replicate the Irish Governments "Nanny State" policies on an internet discussion forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I'm sure Bubbles would love that ww)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I would hate to be pissing about in a newbie board if I were new to a forum, if I sign up to a forum, it's to get right into it.

You wouldn't be restricted to just that forum though :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

while I like the idea in theory, would the noobs really go there? I guess the idea is for them to go in and sus things out regarding rules and that... I can imagine that what has always happen will still happen, the mods and admins will have to tell them after they do something they shouldnt.

Flogen

Advertisement