Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car Registration/Ownership Documents

Options
  • 21-05-2004 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi All,

I dunno if this is public knowledge yet but my "source" in the M.T.O. tells me that the Vehicle Registration Certificates and the Vehicle Licensing Certificates are about to be replaced by a single document in the next couple of months.

About time, I think . . . the VRCs are the most useless waste of paper ever.

Apparently, the new ones are like an A4 page folded in half or something.

Also, the M.T.O.'s will have no connection with these at all . . . any change of ownerships or change of particulars, etc. will all be done in Shannon.

Probably a very boring fact to most but interesting to auto-freaks like me :)

Tommy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TommyK you're a sad man............:p

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭PBC_1966

I'm not sure of the difference between an Irish registration certificate and licensing certificate, but here in England new registration certificates have been issued since January.

Apparently it's in line with some EU directive about "harmonizing" vehicle registrations, so that's probably the reason for your up-coming change.

Advertisement