Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games breaking into your real life

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Im starting to worry about you user i really am

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by tman
    eh?

Indeed i was wondering what he was on about too.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I too used to pick out good lines when my Tony Hawks addiction had its tightest grip on me. Not too bad though.

However, I shamefully admit that, upon playing countless games of FreeCell over a weekend, anytime I closed my eyes, a game would be there, waiting to be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

well u see i hadent slpet in 2 days and it was like 11pm and i was rdy for another all niter (in net house in town) this was b4 i got cable
    So yes i was sleap deprived so i gacve him a can of coke instead of an IP.
    It was funny i took the can out of the fridge opened it and gave it to him....

Not reley "games breaking into real life", more like "when u play so many games u dont know whats going on"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭AndrewWK

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    In my dreams I used to play GoldenEye missions and see if I could beat the timer to get cheats:D.

Ditto :)

I once had a dream about Homeworld too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah i was playing microsoft train simulator and i had the dart skin on it and when i was on the dart going to dublin i felt i could drive it better.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i saw an old guy hobbling down a street and said 'lag'.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Playing GTA Vice City for a few hours straight, and then actually getting on a motorbike and going for a drive is a surreal few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

what will happen in a few years time when games are so real, some people wont be able to tell the difference? id say then we will have some fun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

having dreams for a week straight regarding Red Alert 2 Strategy, then a month straight about Monkey Island.

Getting drunk one night, and downloading 400+ megs of Monkey Island music, putting it on before going to sleep [only had gotten 4 tracks at the time], then waking up at random points during the night to hear monkeys scream ... quote scary really, and hearing monkeys scream for 5mins in 20 min intervals _really_ isn't good after a bottle of whiskey...

/me goes back to humming 'a pirate I was meant to be ...'

• Advertisement

ye i can agree with that, i had a party once and after allot of drink we all fell asleap watching the family guy DVd, so when the episode was over it went back to the menu and every few min a monkey would scream, or was it peter screaming? it went on all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Funny coincidence that applies here, i was playing the ICO savegame music on my pc, my brother walked into the room and sat on my couch.....i laughed my ass off, he didn't notice for a few minutes however

Sometimes when i'm in big buildings or strange places i think "this would make a cool UT map" or something like that.
    I also wanted to blackjack the gaurd in my college for a while.
    Many drunken nights i've used some of morte's phrases to insult people, generally they don't understand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Originally posted by User45701
    a monkey would scream, or was it peter screaming? it went on all night.

I HATE that monkey ... and the other wierd sounds, kept waking up to 'em ;/

[another drunken night]
    Orignally posted by i_am_dogboy
    Funny coincidence that applies here, i was playing the ICO savegame music on my pc, my brother walked into the room and sat on my couch.....i laughed my ass off

Hahaha :)
    Dammit, want that music now.....
    /me searches through HD to find music

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by User45701
    ye i can agree with that, i had a party once and after allot of drink we all fell asleap watching the family guy DVd, so when the episode was over it went back to the menu and every few min a monkey would scream, or was it peter screaming? it went on all night.
    Peter goes "whaaah" on one of the menus. I too have fallen asleep and been woken up by the fat lord.

KOTOR, i had adream just about 30 min ago that i went to amsterdamm and ran into canderous ordo and he sold me a basalik war droid.

Its werid how manty of us have falen asleap to family guy, i cant wait for season 4!

Advertisement