Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enterprise Vrs Stagate sg1

Options
  • 22-05-2004 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Jesus talk about a plan upn ! move enterprise to direct competition with stargate sg1 in the usa :rolleyes:

Enterprise is screwed there’s no way it can compete with stargate also they moved it to what many consider to be the "death" slot its lead in program is a repeat of Americas next big model or some **** like that

I long for the good old days of TNG i really do :( On a better note stargate sg1 will gain around 3 million new viewers :D insureing a 9th season of the best sci fi on tv

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Well, i would say SG1 but i will give 3 tumbs up to the 2nd half of season 3 of ENt, and once again it is NOT caue of the bettles its cause of the dialog and story

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

gotta fear those bettling tumbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Fridays are typically the least-watched night of network television. Maybe UPN is figuring some SG1 casual viewers will jump ship, considering they know there's a scifi audience there on Fridays already? America's Next Top Model is UPN's fastest growing show, so a repeat of it won't be a terrible lead-in.

I'd like to see Enterprise dent SG1's audience - UPN is more widely available in the US than Scifi, so it's a calculated risk. I don't think UPN would be crushed if Enterprise tanks though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

More likely I think so they can justify cancelling it when it reaches 100 episodes (and is suitable for syndication).

Just had a quick look at the Nielsen ratings and I must admit, I'm suprised to see that, despite some of the recent good episodes, they're still very low... I guess a lot of people just think "too little, too late".

Advertisement