Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL Promotion

Options
  • 22-05-2004 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I posted this in net/coms as well. I was on the IOL website this morning and saw this, anybody know anything about it?

http://bb4free.iol.ie/index.html

A m8 works in esat and told me about this yesterday, but I thought he was pulling my leg...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Iago
    I posted this in net/coms as well.

For what reason? If people cross posted all the time boards wouldn't be worth reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Is this your pick on Iago day etho?? :)

ok, I get your point and I apologise, I'm just curious to see if anybody else has heard anything about it or what's going on in the market...

I'll stick to one forum in future

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Iago
    Is this your pick on Iago day
    I rather hope it isn't. It's relevant here as one of those possible "interesting developments in the broadband market king of things".

/fires wet fish at eth0. Take cross-posting debate to B/S please.

I've not heard anything about this and I can't see anything on Esat's news hound page about it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Hi Sceptre,

It's on the iol site. if you go to www.iol.ie there's a popup bringing you to a registration page, looks like it's the real thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by eth0_
    For what reason? If people cross posted all the time boards wouldn't be worth reading.
    Because there are many people who read IOFFL that will be interested in this, yet don't read Net/Comms.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

This turned ugly in the broadband forum too, so would everyone just drop it? No last word nonsense.

I signed up, friend of mine in esat said it's a head-to-head between eircom and esat, though I haven't seen anything on the eircom site yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by CuLT
    This turned ugly in the broadband forum too, so would everyone just drop it? No last word nonsense.
    Oh, just noticed that.

Right-ee-ho so. To partly head that off at the pass, any further talk of cross-posting in this thread gets an automatic ban (for a week I suppose but longer if I feel like it).

CuLT, given that you've signed up, can you knock out any details you get on this offer when the wakeup comes on Monday?

Will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The offer gives you a 3 month free trial of IOL Broadband, after this if you wish to sign up you can get another month free

You also receive the self install for free, free modem and a free webcam, with the Norton antivirus CD as before

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I've stuck my name down too. Twill be interesting to see if they even bother ringing me.

• Advertisement

Apparently, they won't ring you, which I find odd.

My buddy in esat got back to me and said it would be a better idea to ring in.

So I did.

The thing comes three months free, including equipment & a webcam.

You get the fourth month free if you choose to continue with the service.

Joyfully I passed their line test - as expected, I had the eircom trials a couple of times over the years -

and whene they found out I had phonewatch they said, sorry, there's problems with phonewatch, it's in our interest to get it sorted so we'll get back to you when it is.

Peculiarily enough, I phoned eircom up then, they said that the issue with phonewatch had been resolved - but (and the sales rep managed to sound absolutely horrified saying this) I failed the pre-qual.

I informed her that her information was wrong, and eventually she said she'd get onto my exchange and see what the fuss was - and I should call back on Tuesday.

I'm sorting it out with some people I know in eircom, but I found the conflicting information amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

You also receive the self install for free, free modem and a free webcam, with the Norton antivirus CD as before
    Are you sure you get the norton software with the standard iol broadband because from their website it doesn't look that way?
    http://www.iol.ie/broadband/bb_offer.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Because there are many people who read IOFFL that will be interested in this, yet don't read Net/Comms.

I for one.

Secondly, I got a call from IOL offering me the trial three days after I signed up. They took my details there and then and set up an account. I can expect a modem the second week of June.

I'll let you guys know how I get on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

i put my name down last monday have not heard anything

Advertisement