Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[article]No! not the nipples.....Aaaaaagggghhh!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

If it's the breasts are shown fluidly with the rest of the ad, well then that's grand. If there just thrown in your face (no pun intended) to shock, well then it only should be allowed for a reasonably mature audience (12's and up).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

http://www.elections2004.eu.int/ep-election/sites/en/infotainment/tv.html

available for download here in 3 different resolutions.... not a big file at all...

Saw the ad during the news yesterday, and with the 1 second shot of nipple I really cannot see where the problem is. Its not using sex to get attention, its not crude or rude and i cant see it being offensive to anyone.

Other ad's with scantily clad women are much more sexually suggestive (without there being a direct link between it and the product). This ad has no sexual overtones at all.

Flogen

Yeah, it's actually quite tame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I didnt really care that it was banned becuse it doesnt really have anything to do with voting.
    I dont think its gonna make peopole vote, its gonna make them go "yey breasts" and i dont see why they shoud be afforded special rights to have naked chicks in their ads when others wouldnt, regardless of whether they're selling something or not.
    if it was for breastfeeding or something to actually do with breasts at all then id be cool with it, but its clearly not.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by snickerpuss
    I didnt really care that it was banned becuse it doesnt really have anything to do with voting.

Making choices has a lot to do with voting - please stop making such stupid statements.

Anyway, according to one report I remember reading the bosses in the European Parliament said the fact that it originally not shown here was a personal decision that should have never been made.

• Advertisement

I saw the ad on Irish tv and it doesn't look edited at all (can still see the dreaded nipples!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,474 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Fairly unbelievable. So what, it's a breast. OK breasts are nice. And yes breasts are all to often associated with sex, but to be honest that fixation is grossly misplaced, to say they should be hidden away is, tbh, obscene.
    Originally posted by uberwolf
    I recall a few years ago a woman on the radio complaining that she had been kicked out of a restaurant for breastfeeding her child. Deemed inappropriate behaviour for a restaurant apparently :rolleyes:
    Well most places say you aren't allowed bring your own food & drink :D

yeah, it's pretty tame but it was quite petty of them to put it right at the start just to get the attention.

Advertisement