Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[article] They Have'nt Gone Away You Know!

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by Cork
    You seem oblivious to how much money that SF is making from selling this stuff?
    You choose not even to comment on the feelings of the IRAs many victims.
    You then highlight cancer treatment in the South East as some kind of smoke screen.

Could somebody let me know if SF sells a report called ""Confronting the Threat: Serious and Organized Crime in Northern Ireland"?

LOL, I have no idea what so ever how much SF make from the items.

I have replied to the comment on IRA victims at the start of this thread, feel free to have a read.

I didn't choose the issue in waterford as a smoke screen I was responding to your comment
    Let SF sell IRA nick nacks. It really is telling about SF.

with a related comment about another party.

But hey you can't reply so just say I'm off topic :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

The future of NI is going to be determined by those who live there.

Is SF selling this stuff insenstive to those victims of IRA violence and those who may be of unionist?

Maybe there is a market for this stuff - but does this justify the selling of this stuff?

There are laws aganist the trading of Nazi paraphanalia - Should we have similar laws to stop the selling of IRA paraphanalia ?

If SF even donated profits to victims ogranisations - it would be something.

But does 100% of profits go back into SF?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Is SF selling this stuff insenstive to those victims of IRA violence and those who may be of unionist?

Maybe there is a market for this stuff - but does this justify the selling of this stuff?

There are laws aganist the trading of Nazi paraphanalia - Should we have similar laws to stop the selling of IRA paraphanalia ?

But does 100% of profits go back into SF?

Look your post above is full of nothing points and we have debated the wrongs and rights of selling this stuff at the start of the thread, I suggest you go have a good and proper read of the thread.

AS for where the profits go, I haven't a clue.

Nice of you to reply to the Radiotherapy issue and FF's failings do, I love the way you answer questions so well, you dont know Joe Walsh by any chance??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

Cork I really wonder if your talk like you write sometimes. If so, do you even listen to yourself? Your bland, obvious "we should all get along"-type sayings are naive in the extreme. For example
    Great stuff!! Whats the point in this sentance Cork.
    I think your getting hung up on feelings here Cork. Personally I would think that the point here would be that Unionists would have as much of a right to sell "King Rat", "Taigs are scum" tee-shirts. I'm sure you could come up with a few "Sinn Fein Rodent" type tee-shirts yourself. IMO the objective is to remove the reason for people to create tee-shirts rather than the put all our efforts into removing the tee-shirts
    A little perspective and can we remember here that its a tee-shirt?
    I didn't know there were laws against Nazi paraphanalia. What type of laws? Are they Irish laws?
    Another enlightened proposition. Are you serious here? Ok, let's consider your insightful suggestion. IMO theres a couple of obvious holes in it. Can you spot them Cork?
    But does 100% of profits go back into SF?.
    Why are you so worried about profit Cork? Do you honestly believe that Sinn Fein are making loads of money selling tee-shirts!!!!! I mean if your linking this to party-funding? I think there are a few more serious cases to answer littered throughout the FF party.
    Well if the IRA stopped their fuel rackets - they would be more revenue for health.
    Cork, how do you know the IRA are smuggling fuel in the present day? Even if they are, are you honestly saying that this is the reason for our current health care mess, (with children on year long waiting lists, etc etc)
    You choose not even to comment on the feelings of the IRAs many victims.
    Are feelings on both sides different? How about the feelings of Pat Finuicans family? I'd say those feelings are a lot stronger than those offended by a tee-shirt saying "tiochfaidh ar la".
    ""Confronting the Threat: Serious and Organized Crime in Northern Ireland"?
    Yes and lets get Paul "unsubstantiated" "secret source" Williams to write it and then call it an impartial, independant study.
    Well if the IRA stopped their fuel rackets - they would be more revenue for health.
    Ok. Straight up Cork., No BS. "yes or no" do you believe that our current health care mess can be attributed to the IRA smuggling fuel? Remember the 100's of millions that disappeared in local governmental red-tape, and medical council black-holes. (same local FF politicans that refused to give up their local expenses/seats and refused reformation of the hughly over-populated health boards)

True Republicians like the SDLP & FF wan't an inclusive country not one based on tribalisim.

SF is so hung up in tribal politics. SF needs to get over this type of mindset.

They demand the Flags and Emblems Act in NI but they continue to see tribal tee shirts?

Logic?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

True Republicians like ..... FF wan't an inclusive country not one based on tribalisim.
    Is this why they are having the "tribal" citizenship referendum.

Is this why they are having the "tribal" citizenship referendum.

The citizenship referendum will merely bring our citizenship laws into line with all other countries in the EU.

It is a topic being discussed on other threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The citizenship referendum will merely bring our citizenship laws into line with all other countries in the EU.
    Stop obfuscating. You accuse Sinn Féin of tribalism, but won't accept the same accusation against FF. Why does Eoin Ryan have "Roots" as one of his campaign slogans if he isn't engaing in tribalism?

FF or the SDLP have are not tribal. Northern Ireland needs to get over tribal politics. SF selling tribal nick nacks won't do alot to davance this.

It does tell alot of the atitude of SF to the many victims of IRA violence.

SF lobbied for the Flags and elblems Act is Northern Ireland but it seems still to be this type of stuff.

It is SFs choice to sell this stuff - but it must be hand on the many victims of the IRA.

Acts lest we forget, that SF members could not even condemn.

FF or the SDLP have are not tribal.
    Fecks sake!
    SF lobbied for the Flags and elblems Act is Northern Ireland
    Do you have a problem with this Flags and Elbloems act?

• Advertisement

I have no problem with the Flags and Elbloems act.

But do you not think that a party who lobbied for the act should be selling such stuff?

Or has SF only a problem with stuff like this in the work place?

What type of mark up would SF get for selling this stuff?

It is completely offensive to the victims of the IRA and to many democrats on this island but if SF want to sell this type of stuff - it is clearly their choice.

The SDLP on the other hand does not get involved in tribal politics - it has formed links and earned the respect of many Irish people who happen to be Unionist.

Selling nick nacks does nothing to heal devision. But If SF want to sell this type of stuff - they are more than can.

But do you not think that a party who lobbied for the act should be selling such stuff?
    What has removing sectarism from the Police Force got to do with this argument?
    What type of mark up would SF get for selling this stuff?
    Why?What does it matter? What type of "mark-ups" were Lawlor, Flynn etc getting.
    The SDLP on the other hand does not get involved in tribal politics - it has formed links .
    SDLP is not tribal? Their a nationalist party!
    and earned the respect of many Irish people who happen to be Unionist
    as their rapidly decreasing voter base illustrates

Advertisement