Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap lord of the rings extended verison dvds

• 22-05-2004 2:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

I was in chartbusters in swords last night and saw lord of the rings 1 and 2 extended editions, brand new for 19.99 euro each. There were about 15 copies of each, i wanted to pick it up but i've got the normal verisons already

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

The triple box set is out either next week or the week after anyways.:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by d4
    The triple box set is out either next week or the week after anyways.:)
    So? The post is about the Extended Editions, and it's only the Theatrical editions that are in the boxed set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

Originally posted by ixoy
    So? The post is about the Extended Editions, and it's only the Theatrical editions that are in the boxed set.

but thats why its cheap? I myself was always waiting for the boxset, but if i'd seen them, i'd consider it, but not now that i know the boxset is coming. It's just like the ngage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by Explosive_Cornflake
    but thats why its cheap? I myself was always waiting for the boxset, but if i'd seen them, i'd consider it, but not now that i know the boxset is coming. It's just like the ngage

no its not... the boxset is three theatrical editions , these are the extended and IMO *beter* versions.

Originally posted by Tusky
    no its not... the boxset is three theatrical editions , these are the extended and IMO *beter* versions.
    I know they are different, i just couldn' be arsede with them, i thought the films were too long anyway, dragged out too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Originally posted by Explosive_Cornflake
    I know they are different, i just couldn' be arsede with them, i thought the films were too long anyway, dragged out too much.

Eek the horror of that statement!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Ah, come on, you can't deny that the arse was dragged out of the third one.

Fair enough people may have been happy with them, i'm just not a big fan of the films, but, maybe once i get them to watch in my own personal space i'd be happier. I did think the last half hour of the third was just filler though. 'nuff said. We have our differences.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

taaaah go for the box set;) on cd wow or play.com much cheaper when it comes out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

isnt there a boxset coming out with all 3 extended editions and like 15 discs or something outragous like that?

possibly they'l hold this off till christmass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Where's the cheapest place to get the box set ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

i would just like to say thanks ronano for your post.
    i just flew down on my lunch break and got it for 19.99. i was waiting for it to drop in price. im shure iv seen it recently around town for over 35 euros

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

i dont have a chartbuster near me in Dublin, is there one near city centre or donnybrook as i really want to get those DVDs please help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Bought the two today for 40 quid. Bargin!
    They seem to have loads left too;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭positron

Just to let you all know,

LOTR - Two towers, 2 disk set (here) is only €8 something at CD Wow HK, and LOTR Return of The King (Reg 3, here 13 something. Thats like LOTR 2 & 3 for ~ 20 quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Originally posted by positron

LOTR - Two towers, 2 disk set (here) is only €8 something at CD Wow HK, and LOTR Return of The King (Reg 3, here 13 something. Thats like LOTR 2 & 3 for ~ 20 quid.

Well spotted;)
    The ones on Chartbusters are the 4disc versions mind you. And have commentaries too. Still a good buy from cdwow mind you.

I think the third 4disc set is out come August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

Originally posted by positron

You have to realise with these Asian copies, you are only getting 80% of the horizontal definition (PAL=100%) when played back on your Irish tv because they are NTSC format. Red colours tend to look a strange orange colour also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

Originally posted by bean
    i dont have a chartbuster near me in Dublin, is there one near city centre or donnybrook as i really want to get those DVDs please help

There is one further down on tablot st. but i dunno if its generic chartbusters thing or if its just the swords branch.I'm gonna be in town on saturday and monday, i can pick you up whatever you want and you can repay me the money when we meet.Obviously i'd be taking a risk of being screwed over so you got to have good honour ;) i'm gonna pm you my number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Extended versions, with 4 dvds are 19.99 in Golden Discs in carlow now. Some people are going on about asian dvds in NTSC format etc, All new televisions will play both fine. My whole dvd collection is region 3.

On a side note, get Kill Bill Region 3 from CD-WOW because its killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭bean

Cheers for the offer ronano. I appreciate it. I did however goto cdwow and picked up the 4 disk version for 21 yo-yo's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement