Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've got baned for saying crickets for girls on the SATELLITE BOARD!!!

Options
  • 22-05-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭

This really amazes me, I've been posting on the satellite forum for 2 years and yesterday when we were discussing that channel 4 was on the sky digital package some guys were dissapointed that cricket was the only thing on.

But the big Hard Mod there loves cricket (make your own opinions) and said that anyone that dissed cricket would get a lifetime ban. So on my next post light heartedly said that cricket was a big girls game and the tough guy is after banning me.(Lifetime)

My argument is that even though I contribute to the satellite forum, some mod just decides that he left his sence of humour behind and bans me over bloody cricket being a girls game. Hes so sexist I know plenty of girls that play the game.

What can I do now its the main forum that I post on and my banning has nothing to do with sattelite issues, if I said it in the cricket board I'd probadly expect a ban but not in the satellite thread!!!

Are some mods judge and jury over the benifit of the boards.

Really pissed off
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Please note one thing There is no mod of this forum. All moderators here have no power to alter, delete or decide anything, thats the premise of the administrators. Of course, they know a lot about the site and their opinions are valued but they cannot enact decisions and just because one says "No. Sorry thats not going to happen" or "Yes. That should go ahead."... that doesnt mean a decision has been reached.

Please inform me if my banning was disscused with an administrator

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

TIPPTOP. I cannot believe he actually went ahead and banned you, this is totally unfair, I'm sure most of the regular posters on ICDG are 100% behind you.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161934

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

The mods do have power on the boards that they moderate, but I still think this is yet another silly banning by a moderator based on their own personal preferences rather than anything that has anything to do with the actual board itself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I could understand it abit more if it was a cricket board.... but my main concern is:
    I've been posting on the satellite forum for 2 years

your only registered since April 2003, who were you before that?

on the whole ban thing, perhaps he didnt realise you were joking and thought you were flaming. Given that he said he'd ban someone he might have thought that you were just doing it to piss him off. PM him and explain the situation

Flogen

Originally posted by mickeyboymel
    TIPPTOP. I cannot believe he actually went ahead and banned you, this is totally unfair, I'm sure most of the regular posters on ICDG are 100% behind you.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=161934

Thanks Mickey, just because he left his sence of humour behind yesterday I get a ban possible lifetime as I've received no pm to tell me otherwise.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by flogen
    I could understand it abit more if it was a cricket board.... but my main concern is:

your only registered since April 2003, who were you before that?

on the whole ban thing, perhaps he didnt realise you were joking and thought you were flaming. Given that he said he'd ban someone he might have thought that you were just doing it to piss him off. PM him and explain the situation

Flogen

I was John Q
    registered Apr 02 lost password and the last post will coinside with first post of Tipptop

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Did you PM DMC??

Might have been the best option, I think he was having a bad day or really loves Cricket:D , which is the most borring game ever!!! well Test cricket anyway, one days can have a bit of life.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I think its an other case "I have the power dont piss me off or else!!:rolleyes: "

I dont like cricket and think its a bit on the boring side(maybe a bit girly too! :))

However you are withen your right to not like it (or in the case of the mod like it)

Ban should be recinded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh ffs, that is blatent power abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Oh for crying out loud, he'll let you back in if you ask him. You probably don't even need to ask all that nicely.

And what did you expect when he said "next person to...":D

• Advertisement

Well I've pm the allmighty DMC requesting my re-entry to the forum so I'll just have to wait and see, because I'm off to play a hurling match in the senior championship tonight (not a game for Girls- They play camoige).

Status at presant still banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

My joke. :) I'm soo surprised people took it seriously. TIPPTOP is back in.
    Lovely to see the ignorance of cricket is still alive and well in this thread, mind.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Status at presant still banned.

TIPPTOP watch, hour 4..... still banned!
    you do know you can have a new password e-mailed to you if you lose the original one... dont you?
    Anyway....

It was abit over the top, but as I said, maybe he just thought you posted it just to annoy him, rather than a joke, maybe he thought you just did it to go against what he said. Or maybe he has more of sense of humour than you realise

Flogen

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

pretty hilarious!!!!!!

What, I'm aback in (tears of joy) I love you all

Peace to every one even cricket fans

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by jank
    I think its an other case "I have the power dont piss me off or else!!:rolleyes: "
    No, it's another case where someone needs to grow a funny bone.

TIPPTOP, if you've posting there 2 years surely you're well accustomed to DMC's style of humour at this point :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Argh. Not another one of these fvcking threads.

PM the mod. Explain that it was a joke (if it was). If the mod did mention that the next person that does X, Y, or Z gets a ban, then don't do it or accept what will happen to you.

I didn't read the thread so I don't know what the full story is. But if you were warned, then its your own fault.

Stop looking for back up from the rest of boards.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You make my eyes bleed.

bleed

DeV.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Oh man, if Regi caught you dissing cricket you'd get a ban from all the boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Recall Graeme Hick!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement