Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone doing Spanish for the LC?

• 22-05-2004 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering how people find spanish for the LC, I'm thinking about doing a commerce and spanish degree next year and I'll be starting from scratch. Easy/hard to pick up? Right now I'm doing french, which is grand, but it just sounds so damn gay. Plus the points for commerce and french are wayyyyyyy higher...

The points issue is totally unrelated :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Nobody at all?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I say go for it. What a subject to learn. What a country to see. You will pick it up quick. If you have good language skills ie at least a b or c standard. You can learn. Having said that, if you can get the points for Commerce, you can learn Spanish if you are good with accents too.

Originally posted by cheesedude
    I say go for it. What a subject to learn. What a country to see. You will pick it up quick. If you have good language skills ie at least a b or c standard. You can learn. Having said that, if you can get the points for Commerce, you can learn Spanish if you are good with accents too.

I'm grand at languages (written anyway, my "accent" is non-existant) and I should be getting a mid-high B/low A in higher French for the leaving. Commerce in NUIG was around 8th place on my list before, but if I do it with Spanish, I think i'l move it up to around 3rd, maybe even 2nd. The Erasmus/Socrates thing sounds interesting, if a little challenging and spanish should always come in useful. Even if I do have to do it on top of the normal commerce coursework. I think I'll go for it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 graciek

i do spanish, take it up, it's so easy- a hell of a lot easier than french! (I did that too).

Thanks graciek - I've got it down as my fourth choice, so hopefully I won't be doing it... nice course to fall back on though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement